Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine pulled off a magnificent heist at our local Co-op today. And there was nothing illegal or even underhand about it.

As she explained to me, she was at the checkout and noticed, behind the assistant, Havana Club Especial for a mere £13.15. She remarked that if it was that cheap, she would have a bottle. The woman put the barcode through and it came up as £18. However, she added quickly that, "If that's what we've got on the label, we have to sell it to you at that price." The transaction was duly completed.

Afterwards, we discovered something else. There are minimum unit prices in Scotland for alcohol and this bottle contains 28 units. That means that the very lowest price it could have been was £14. Quite how they ended up putting up a shelf label saying £13.15, I have no idea, but that's what we paid.

That's what I call a result.

Normally I drink beer but I make exceptions. One day the kid brought over some gin. I happaened to have tonic so there was that - proving you can mix battery acid with bleach and have it some out good.

The kid's Ma runs a nursing home and somehow it befell her to clean out the apartment of a new "inmate". So she finds a botttle of Jack Daniels that is very old. Has black flecks in it. She throws it out ! I was ready to go find a garat. Them black flakes coming out is why they age whiskey ! Put that through a coffee filter and you got better whiskey than went in the bottle at the beginning.

In the old days there were ways. I used to get a eight pack of Pepsi in the long bottles, and an eight pack of empties. Filled the empties up half way and then topped off with Bacardi 151 light rum. That made the MIXED drink 75.5 proof. I can't believe I didn't go to jail.

On occasion I drank kalua, and then changed over to tia maria because it was less sweet.

In the past I knew someone who had these huge parties. He used to make puch in a garbage can. Bought a brand new plastic one and then washed it, like a dish, dishwashing soap and all that. Then in went a bunch of watermelons, fruits and all kinds of things, along with a bunch of PGA. And the crown of it all was sorbet. You couldn't taste the alcohol in it art all, and some of the girls got frisky.

Rain is good,
Rain makes corn,
Corn makes whiskey,
Whiskey makes my girl frisky

T

Water. Camomille tea later this evening or tomorrow morning.
After the hour drive in a ac terribly chilled car, not only the throat is sore, albeit much better now, but my nose is perfectly nazal.

It so happened, that even though I had a bus ticket, the last bus left at 3 pm, and the competitiin was running late.
We had to wait for results.

Should we have passed into round 2, we would have played later that afternoon again.
We did not, but it was 5 pm. So the student's mother took us to the nearest suburban train station. And we took the train home.

Luckily tomorrow I teach online,as I did today. Good to be home.🍀

Neighbor gifted us a homemade bottle of peach wine:

Some of you might like that bar towel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom