What's a new take on potatoes?

madebyyouandi

Local time
4:24 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
I was looking for something different for lunch, so I did potatoes dauphinoise in a tall bread pan to make slices when it was finished (the next day). I then fried half those slices in clarified butter with a bit of rosemary and garlic. This created a crust with a very appealing crunch.

What are your new takes on old potato classics or what are some of your favorite ways to dress up the potato?

(and post pics if you can. :). )

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what experiences you have had with potatoes, other than dauphinoise. There are German potato pancakes, that are excellent. The Canadians have Poutine, which is a heart attack on a plate, but very good. In the US, we love our hash browns with breakfast.

In Texas on a cold winter day, a big baked russet potato smothered in Texas chili, cheese and sliced green onions is a meal that sticks to your ribs.

ChiliSpud001.jpg

CD

I have no idea what experiences you have had with potatoes, other than dauphinoise. There are German potato pancakes, that are excellent. The Canadians have Poutine, which is a heart attack on a plate, but very good. In the US, we love our hash browns with breakfast.

In Texas on a cold winter day, a big baked russet potato smothered in Texas chili, cheese and sliced green onions is a meal that sticks to your ribs.

Oh, I miss those big ol' potatoes. I don't know why, but here (in Japan) the potato is VERY small and a bit of a luxury buy. A huge potato will be about the size of two golf balls and cost between 1 and 2 USD. And that baked potato looks amazing!

Another way to spoil yourself if you have big potatoes, I microwave then split in half. Scoop the insides out, keep for mash later. Boil sweet potatoes ( kumara here) mash with butter, then add chopped onion creamed corn, bacon and cheese. Reheat and serve later. I love these.

Russ

Another way to spoil yourself if you have big potatoes, I microwave then split in half. Scoop the insides out, keep for mash later. Boil sweet potatoes ( kumara here) mash with butter, then add chopped onion creamed corn, bacon and cheese. Reheat and serve later. I love these.

Russ
We have tiny potatoes but HUGE sweet potatoes. Adding bacon to a sweet potato is win-win for me. :)

We have tiny potatoes but HUGE sweet potatoes. Adding bacon to a sweet potato is win-win for me. :)
Are you talking about those Japanese white yams? I think they could be used like an American potato. Might be a bit sweeter, but could still work.

Friend of mine (and or her family) came up with something for the kid's graduation party.

Grated potato and cheese, maybe a gew other things, baked just right. It supplied my carbs for two weeks.

Looked really simple to make.

T

Back
Top Bottom