what's for dinner

tina122321

Über Member
Local time
8:15 PM
What are you making for dinner tonight? Do you plan that day or do you have a weekly/monthly plan? We are having spaghetti which I decided yesterday when I defrosted the meat.

We have both been so sick the past two weeks so we haven't been eating a whole lot lately. We did have a pasta salad with some ham last night but we just couldn't eat much of it. We usually only decide on the day of the meal what we are going to have for dinner that evening.

I haven't decided yet, and I am dieting so it won't be anything too exciting, but I was thinking about chicken breasts with strawberry salsa. Some sort of vegetable of course. I think I am going to get the tank replaced on my gas grill so I will cook them outside. The weather has been so nice lately! It is a little bit cooler today than it has been but it is still warm.

I often eat alone and have late dinners, so, often, I actually have my last meal of the day in the very early morning. The supper I will be eating soon will be one of those.

I defrosted some ground meat as well, some hours ago (a half and half pork/beef mix I used the other night for meatpies, which turned out great, by the way... still have to post the update I intended on writing up), so I was thinking of adding some chopped onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, and seasonings to the mixture, shaping it in to a mound, topping it with some homemade tomato sauce, and popping it into the oven for a small meatloaf (it will more than likely be 'customized' further along the way, lol).

With it, I'll probably have some rice or pasta (I've leftovers of a cold peanut-sesame noodle salad in the fridge right now which I made yesterday... it was so quck and so easy: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13974/peanut-noodles/ ---- I tend to use rice wine vinegar and a bit of lime juice for a twist instead of apple cider vinegar, but any recipe for a batch of these noodles can and probably should be played with according to the chef... some people prefer tasting more or less ginger, sesame, or peanut flavour than others), and some brussels spouts. A BIG bowl of them. I've been craving them for about a week now, so I bought a bag today. :)

Last edited:
Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner - just making pancakes, some breakfast sausage, bacon and that sort of thing. It's one of those dreary kind of days here (it's been raining non stop) so comfort food sounded good, you know?

Plus, I really had no idea what I felt like, and pancakes are always a good idea if you ask me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom