What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister texted me a picture of her tomato and pepper garden today. :eek: That wooden frame is 7-feet tall (I built it).

Unknown-3.jpeg

CD

We're also in store for some rain, after a beautiful weekend (by most folks' standards).

My sister texted me a picture of her tomato and pepper garden today. :eek: That wooden frame is 7-feet tall (I built it).

View attachment 63436

CD
We planted tomatoes one year, and I drowned them in Miracle-Gro, and they turned out like that. They got tall (I have a pic of it somewhere, where they're as tall as my wife), but they barely produced any tomatoes. :)

Hardening off these guys for a couple more days then in the patch they go..Looking forward to transplant a few of these as they are from second generation seeds...The Roma tomatoes, Beefsteak tomatoes and cucumbers are all from last years seeds..
I have a pretty basic garden..your classic selections although I am trying red cabbage, and eggplant for the first time..I have heavy clay so not everything does well..

We're also in store for some rain, after a beautiful weekend (by most folks' standards).

We planted tomatoes one year, and I drowned them in Miracle-Gro, and they turned out like that. They got tall (I have a pic of it somewhere, where they're as tall as my wife), but they barely produced any tomatoes. :)

My sister says her plants are loaded with fruit. You can't see the tomatoes, because they are all still green.

CD

Hardening off these guys for a couple more days then in the patch they go..Looking forward to transplant a few of these as they are from second generation seeds...The Roma tomatoes, Beefsteak tomatoes and cucumbers are all from last years seeds..
I have a pretty basic garden..your classic selections although I am trying red cabbage, and eggplant for the first time..I have heavy clay so not everything does well..
View attachment 63476

Texas soil, on the East side of the State, is heavy, black clay. It is nicknamed "black gumbo." My sister's garden is a raised garden, and it is full of good soil, with a lot of organic content.

CD

Here's my Oregano..it is in a rough part of the soil near the back of the house that get's little sun. Seems to like it enough..it also get's dirty from run being splashed with rain water

Here's my Oregano..it is in a rough part of the soil near the back of the house that get's little sun. Seems to like it enough..it also get's dirty from run being splashed with rain water
View attachment 63616

Much like mine. It survives year after year in a fairly shady spot. I must try to take some photos of my garden. I've had so many 'mishaps' of late I've not been cooking much or photographing.

My sister says her plants are loaded with fruit. You can't see the tomatoes, because they are all still green.

CD
They really look real healthy plants, I thought most of you guys get stuff eaten by critters ? And then the fruit is quite tasteless? That's the impression I get anyway!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom