What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherries at last! The gardener had to pick them for me using a ladder (I'm too dodgy on my pins to be climbing ladders). I gave him more than half to take home:

fullsizeoutput_4b48.jpeg

We used to keep homing pigeons as kids. Some weren't very good, they never came home,lol.

Russ
Quite a few people round where I live keep homing pigeons. A large pigeon fanciers and breeders club meets in one of our local pubs every week, and you often see a large pigeon transporter outside loading up pigeons to take them wherever. They're not as big as the "heavy bomber" in my garden though. I did used to have wood pigeons nesting in my garden. I don't think this one is, but he and his mate can't be far away.

Quite a few people round where I live keep homing pigeons. A large pigeon fanciers and breeders club meets in one of our local pubs every week, and you often see a large pigeon transporter outside loading up pigeons to take them wherever. They're not as big as the "heavy bomber" in my garden though. I did used to have wood pigeons nesting in my garden. I don't think this one is, but he and his mate can't be far away.

Our local wood pigeons aka kereru, get drunk on eating fruit off trees that ferments in their stomachs, they fall out of trees.lol. They are protected here.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom