What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice wheels.

I planted six dhalias today.

Some may recall I had the tree surgeons in during November to clear out my garden. With the garden centres shut my plans of replanting my property have fallen apart and all I have managed to secure is half a dozen dhalias from Marks & Spencers at an over inflated price. At least I've got them, it's not like I have anything else to spend my wages on.

We have dahlias out ATM.

there's some teeny tiny green spots popping up in the box where I planted the shiso seeds, which I hope are actually shiso plants and not weeds.

I'm bonkers - after asking you what these were, I then discovered I had a packet of the seeds bought last year. I think I asked you the same question last year and then bought a packet and forgot about them! I will endeavour to plant some today.

Today I planted the shiso, rocket & coriander seeds. I noticed that the gooseberry bush is actually producing fruit. This is its third year and the first time it has. So far the redcurrant bush (also in its third year) has produced nothing. No flowers even. Is it too early?

Today I planted the shiso, rocket & coriander seeds. I noticed that the gooseberry bush is actually producing fruit. This is its third year and the first time it has. So far the redcurrant bush (also in its third year) has produced nothing. No flowers even. Is it too early?

We planted blueberries blackberries and red currants about this time last year, no fruit this summer just gone, but I'm told it can take two or three seasons to get fruit.
Like my first lemon tree, nothing for 10 years, now last 4 years it's gone crazy. Prolly 200 on there ATM.

Russ

If I remember I'll have a look at our currant bushes at the allotment when we go down today. We have two black currants, one red and one white. They only went in last year so we didn't get any fruit off them, they've put on a lot of growth though so I'm hopeful for this year! The blueberries were also new last year - I think we had a couple of berries, hopefully a proper crop this year. We also have rhubarb down there which has already gone mad, and strawberries which are just starting to flower now.

In the garden our pear trees have masses of baby pears...though how many will survive the squirrels is anyone's guess :mad:
The tomatoes are in the greenhouse and are looking good so far (even have flowers on one variety already!) and I have trays of seedlings dotted around the windowsills, in the greenhouse and under cover in garden which will be ready to plant out in the coming months.

We have two black currants, one red and one white. They only went in last year so we didn't get any fruit off them, they've put on a lot of growth though so I'm hopeful for this year!

Well mine has certainly put on lots of growth. I was beginning to wonder if it was one of those things that needs male and female plants (this probably reveals how little I know about gardening).

The two blueberry bushes are in flower:
EiympLol.jpg

And so are the two blackcurrants:
lsBdgxFl.jpg

I don' t know if you can see very well in this photo, but the red and white currants behind the two blackcurrants aren't yet flowering
pZ74yvAl.jpg
So morning glory maybe there's still hope for you redcurrant - it might just be a bit early for it to flower.

We have an apiary next door to the allotments, so I'm hoping that all those flowers are going to be pollinated soon!

The two blueberry bushes are in flower:
View attachment 40346

And so are the two blackcurrants:
View attachment 40347

I don' t know if you can see very well in this photo, but the red and white currants behind the two blackcurrants aren't yet flowering
View attachment 40348
So morning glory maybe there's still hope for you redcurrant - it might just be a bit early for it to flower.

We have an apiary next door to the allotments, so I'm hoping that all those flowers are going to be pollinated soon!

Great pic of your allotment. Do you not have your own land? I don't think I'd like to travel to do some gardening.?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom