What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous of you guys out in your gardens in the sun.

Russ
The only time to get out in the garden is early morning. We suffered no ill effects with the storm but in the aftermath the heat and humidity has sky rocketed. High today 90 degrees F. The kicker is the heat index (real feel) 99 degrees F.
Thankfully that will not last and we will get back to normal June weather - highs in the mid 80's.

The only time to get out in the garden is early morning. We suffered no ill effects with the storm but in the aftermath the heat and humidity has sky rocketed. High today 90 degrees F. The kicker is the heat index (real feel) 99 degrees F.
Thankfully that will not last and we will get back to normal June weather - highs in the mid 80's.
Not quite as bad, but we've got 88F with a heat index of 93F, and we haven't hit the high yet today. Glad you're doing ok.

Its the width of the house (terraced Victorian) so quite narrow but extremely long and mainly grass (or rather moss, grass and bare patches!).

View attachment 41468

This was taken a month or so back when cherry trees were in blossom. You can see it goes right back and there are steps up to another bit which is covered on bark.

View attachment 41469

And the bit you can't see above looking back at thehouse:

View attachment 41470

Wow, you could build a bowling lane back there. That yard would also be great for playing fetch with a dog. Psycho-poodle would love it.

CD

My garden is struggling -- the July/August heat and dryness is coming early. Once we get to consistent high 90s and 100s by day, and 80s at night, my peppers will stop setting fruit. They will flower, but the flowers will fall off. Then, in September/October, I'll get a bumper crop of peppers, and they will be the hottest peppers of the year.

We got a little reprieve today. It only got up to 93F with nice breeze. Right now, it is 75F and breezy. This would be a great night for some Bourbon and a cigar on the patio.

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom