What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My basil is still alive. The other herbs are fine -- they are able to take weather extremes. My pepper plants are dormant until the heat drops, but the caterpillar damage hasn't killed them. I'll just have to wait and see how they recover in the fall.

CD

12 days of winter left and wife still has capsicums in greenhouse. Chilly plants all ripped out and I've planted seeds from last years crops, red green and yellow. These are in a mini greenhouse by my back door. Beans are up also. Bring on Spring.!!

Russ

12 days of winter left and wife still has capsicums in greenhouse. Chilly plants all ripped out and I've planted seeds from last years crops, red green and yellow. These are in a mini greenhouse by my back door. Beans are up also. Bring on Spring.!!

Russ

Okay, I think what you call "capsicums" are what we call bell peppers. Chili peppers are pretty universal, it seems.

CD

Yeah bell peppers, we call them capsicums, don't know why. As for chillies we have about 20 varieties.

Russ

I think there are hundreds of varieties of chilis in the world. It seems I am always hearing about a new chili pepper.

CD

I think there are hundreds of varieties of chilis in the world. It seems I am always hearing about a new chili pepper.

CD

Wife has a 2 litre plastic container full of them. I planted my fave ones for Thai chilly paste I make. It's very very yummy. I make if for family and friends as well now. I'm not big on heat but every one else is. My kids love it hotter the better. Last lot from Arizona I think??

Russ

Chilly seeds turned up today from a nz company.

Russ

I have only heard of one of those, Tabasco. Like I said, there must be hundreds of chilis. No way I could tell the difference between most of them.

CD

These are new, I wanted to try them, bought out of a catalogue. I have prolly another 20 different ones. If they are good they will go in the next year container. I also got melons and peas, both new ones on me.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom