What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gall's me how much supermarkets charge for tiny packets of herbs.
I'm sure if you went into it those tiny packets of cut herbs have such a short lifespan it's expensive to grow and supply them but when a recipe calls for handfuls of something it really makes me shudder so I was thinking of hydroponic window sill growing for year round herbage.

Something like this.
A West Kent 15 Pod Indoor Smart Garden Hydroponic Growing System - BlackBlack

Anyone any experience of hydroponics?

It gall's me how much supermarkets charge for tiny packets of herbs.
I'm sure if you went into it those tiny packets of cut herbs have such a short lifespan it's expensive to grow and supply them but when a recipe calls for handfuls of something it really makes me shudder so I was thinking of hydroponic window sill growing for year round herbage.

Something like this.
A West Kent 15 Pod Indoor Smart Garden Hydroponic Growing System - BlackBlack

Anyone any experience of hydroponics?

My sister had a neighbor who was an expert at hydroponics. He had a house full of it, until the men in the black Chevy Suburbans showed up one afternoon. I wonder if he's out of prison, yet. :scratchhead:

CD

My b.i.l when he was 19 grew a hooch plant in his bedroom, it got to about 2 ft tall and m.i.l still didn't know what it was.
Rest family used to laugh about it behind her back. Everyone smoked a bit of hooch in the 70s.

Russ

I know you above the equator are cold but our garden is full of goodies. Made a batch raspberry jam yesterday. Strawberries are frozen ad we pick. I'm going to try to make the strawberry mush you get in makkas desserts. I reckon I can replicate it??
Gerkins/ pickles picking and preserving.
Tomatos I should have enough for pasta sauce for winter.
Basil and coriander are huge.
29 c predicted tomorrow.

Russ

I know you above the equator are cold but our garden is full of goodies. Made a batch raspberry jam yesterday. Strawberries are frozen ad we pick. I'm going to try to make the strawberry mush you get in makkas desserts. I reckon I can replicate it??
Gerkins/ pickles picking and preserving.
Tomatos I should have enough for pasta sauce for winter.
Basil and coriander are huge.
29 c predicted tomorrow.

Russ
Thats nice but here you need a polytunnel/greenhouse/greenhouse heater. I’ve been down that road before and living with nothing between us and the Bristol Channel means everything that’s not as sturdy as hell gets absolutely battered over the winter.

Plus I have to confess.. I have been cooking and needed a herb from outside when it’s blowing a hoolie and thought hmm I think the dried/frozen/anything thats not outside version would work well in this 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom