What's in a Name?

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
12:13 AM
I can't find a name for something I want to bake. And worse yet, I can't come up with an invented name for it.

I have just received these 4" diameter, 3" deep annodized aluminum cake pans and I want to take a ground meat, mix it with various things like onions, garlic, tomato,, spices, etc., bake it in the pans and create a gravy to top off the finished product, served with fried potatoes and other stuff.

The resulting meat product can't be called a burger as it is too tall. It can't be called a loaf as it is round and cylindrical.

Has anyone got any idea what to call this big ol' meat cake that is a catchy label?

Meatloaves don't have to be rectangular. They can be meatloaf rounds. A meatloaf by any other name is still a meatloaf. I've seen them made in muffin tins for individual portions, still a meatloaf.

Sounds like westerner almost. That is ground beef with finely ddiced onions and garlic, sometimes other things like peppers, and egg holds the thing together. You didn't mention egg, is you don't use it you probably will so they don't just fl apart.

Now for a name. (open beer, grab "thing", push button for extra random thoughts...

Hmmm,

Burgey.

And you seem signed up for the other random thoughts.

Now take this thing and put it in a pie crust of make it like a beef Wellington.

Burgeypie ?

Hate that all you want, and I know some will because it is huan nature. Nut adit it is pretty good, andi t is original rom scratch. Hmmm. Pardon for this:

For copyright/patent office this establishes prior art and its owner.

DDDD, I just thought how good an idea this is. If you can establish these things as ike a valid food, you could maybe supply a couple restaurants. After while that wil fizzle out and you'll get tired of it anyway.

Anyway, there is no reason for - like at a restaurant that every one could effectively have a custom meatloaf or two. Even at hoe, Hubby likes this, lil Johnny likes that, what's her name likes those...

I assume you intend for these to be able to come out in one piece, at that point you can melt some cheese on it.

That is a good reason for the egg of course.

Anyway, whatever happens with the burgey I thank you. I take that idea for myself. I will not do anything commercial with it. Just for me.

T

I can't find a name for something I want to bake. And worse yet, I can't come up with an invented name for it.

I have just received these 4" diameter, 3" deep annodized aluminum cake pans and I want to take a ground meat, mix it with various things like onions, garlic, tomato,, spices, etc., bake it in the pans and create a gravy to top off the finished product, served with fried potatoes and other stuff.

The resulting meat product can't be called a burger as it is too tall. It can't be called a loaf as it is round and cylindrical.

Has anyone got any idea what to call this big ol' meat cake that is a catchy label?
Why can't you call it "Big Ol' Meat Cake"? LOL

It sounds like meatloaf (which can be any shape).

The French word for ball is 'boule' and a meat boule, more often than not, is a bread bowl stew.

Certainly, I have already, in the last recipe challenge, visited upon bread bowl soup.

But I am, in the present case, for this inquiry, not interested in the bread part, nor should the meat be stewed or in a soup.

However, I still think the term 'boule' may apply better to my goal, better than 'round loaf'.

But more uniquely, the French for round is 'ronde' and a meat round is 'viande ronde'. However, this relates to the French definition of a round cut of meat or 'coupe ronde de viande'. For a ground meat, the French is 'hachée ronde de viande' or 'viande hachée ronde'.

So using a foreign language, a much more respectable name is found. The term 'viande hachée ronde' is likely very common in French, about as mush so as saying 'ground meat round' in English. For the English speaker, however, it is much more lyrical, which many would say is the beauty of the French language, as opposed to the technical sounding English.

We may thus, have a recipe for "Beef Hachée Ronde", "Venison Hachée Ronde", "Pork Hachée Ronde" or perhaps, "Lamb Hachée Ronde."

And I think this is how I will name my intended creation.

BTW: In Italian it would be 'tondo di carne macinata' and in Spanish, 'carne molida redonda'. The German would be 'Hackfleisch rund' which seems to conjure up a vision of attacking the meat with a hatchet.

A rose is still a rose, however, by any other name. That is to sum up, what is in a name, I suppose.

Do you have a pic of them?

Back
Top Bottom