What's in season and when?

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
2:37 AM
The Chasing Delicious website has some great produce calendars to show when many of the common fruits, vegetables, and herbs are in season. Different climates have different seasons, though, so it's really matched up against a calendar to include non-temperate climate fruits such as coconut and dates.

And I think that's neat, but of course they can't list all the fruits and vegetables.

So here's hoping this thread gets somewhere in answering questions for anybody who wants to know when a fruit, vegetable, or herb is in season.

Right now I'm wondering about the seasons for:

Paho. (Magnifera altissima) This source says that they are only in season for a few weeks, but I didn't catch which few weeks. Whoops, I read it more carefully. This is in season during the last week of April until the first fortnight of May.

Longan. (Dimocarpus longan) The common name is Chinese for "dragon's eye". It's like a lychee without the sickly aftertaste. February to May, although there's apparently an autumnal off-season production during September.

Rambutan. (Nephelium lappaceum). August

Last edited:
Right now in Connecticut things like kale and spinach are up as well some onions, peas and garlic. Much of it depends on what the local farmers plant in their greenhouses during the winter. We also had a late spring.

Back
Top Bottom