What's in your dog's food?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:19 PM
Fresh chicken (boneless) (20%), dried chicken meat (15%), fresh chicken liver (4%), fresh whole herring (4%), fresh turkey meat (boneless) (4%), dehydrated turkey meat (4%) fresh turkey liver (3%), fresh whole eggs (3%), fresh boneless Zander (3%), fresh whole salmon (3%), fresh poultry hearts (3%), chicken cartilage (3%), dried herring (3%), dried salmon (3%), poultry liver oil (3%), poultry liver fat (2%), red lentils, green peas, green lentils, alfalfa, yam, chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach leaves, carrots, red delicious apples, Bartlett pears, cranberries, kelp, licorice root, angelica root, fennel, calendula flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary.

My son just went out to get Puppy food (we ran out of the usual brand). Above are the ingredients in the very expensive pellets he brought back! I mean, look at the pulses, veg and herbs!!! :eek:

Seems to me that if I ate this everyday it would supply all my nutritional needs and be a lot healthier than my normal diet!

Murray Walker, F1 & motorsport commentator, used to eat the product in front of potential customers when he sold it.

And you thought IAMS was just for pets!

What fresh boneless zander?
And they have named the pear variety?

Summer savoury if in there as well. I rather like that. Good for stopping wind with all those pulses!
Zander is a river fish. Delicious! And they named the apple variety too!

Murray Walker, F1 & motorsport commentator, used to eat the product in front of potential customers when he sold it.

And you thought IAMS was just for pets!
I thought it was cat food Murray Walker ate. IAMs is DOG's normal one. And if you remember, I have tasted IAMs. Its not too good! This is a super expensive Canadian Brand. He has his dinner at 6.30. I'll report back on whether he likes it.

Fresh chicken (boneless) (20%), dried chicken meat (15%), fresh chicken liver (4%), fresh whole herring (4%), fresh turkey meat (boneless) (4%), dehydrated turkey meat (4%) fresh turkey liver (3%), fresh whole eggs (3%), fresh boneless Zander (3%), fresh whole salmon (3%), fresh poultry hearts (3%), chicken cartilage (3%), dried herring (3%), dried salmon (3%), poultry liver oil (3%), poultry liver fat (2%), red lentils, green peas, green lentils, alfalfa, yam, chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach leaves, carrots, red delicious apples, Bartlett pears, cranberries, kelp, licorice root, angelica root, fennel, calendula flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary.

My son just went out to get Puppy food (we ran out of the usual brand). Above are the ingredients in the very expensive pellets he brought back! I mean, look at the pulses, veg and herbs!!! :eek:

Seems to me that if I ate this everyday it would supply all my nutritional needs and be a lot healthier than my normal diet!
Which one?
ORIJEN_adult_dog.jpg acana-wild-prairie12.jpg

The dog food for our dog's breakfast is made from chicken meat. I don't know exactly how they manufacture it but that particular dog food is prescribed by the vet to control salt, against kidney problems which is prevalent among dogs. So we have allocated that particular dog food for breakfast but for other meals, we cook meat and fish. Boiled chicken meat or pork or fish meat is the regular diet of our dogs - fresh from the market and cooked by us so we are assured of the guarantee that it is clean.

Wow - looks nice and natural! I haven't actually researched what's in my dogs food. We get him the science diet one that was recommended by our vet but I haven't actually done any research beyond assuming since the vet recommended it that it was good. Probably a bit naïve of me but I'll have to take a look at the bag.

Fresh ? Does make you wonder where all the meat labelled 'not for human consumption goes :whistling:
Pets often end up with better food than we do. Regulations on what they can be fed are tighter.

Pets often end up with better food than we do. Regulations on what they can be fed are tighter.
Is that so? As a professor you are going to have to produce some facts. you have my full attention. For the last year I've been considering a raw diet for my girls as the dog food often gets quite a whipping.

I'd love to give my cats something as healthy as that, it sounds very nutritious. I'll have to look around and see if there are any deals on good quality cat food that I can take advantage of, but most seem to be at least twice what I spend now, and that's already straining the budget.

Back
Top Bottom