What's this annoying residue? (fried tenders)

Mrogers

Local time
5:07 AM
Whats this white fatty/grainy residue that keeps ruining the appearance of my con starch fried chicken. Admittedly, I reuse peanut oil thats stored in a container that isn't airtight. It may also be garlic or salt residue; I use garlic salt, but may be using too much, even though it happened with regular salt. Can fat from previous cooking sessions leech into the oil and condense onto food on the next?
20240505_232540.jpg

looks like mini corn starch nodules. not uncommon - I've found it beneficial to stir the corn starch mixture immediately before dipping/coating - for every single batch.

seems corn starch likes to 'settle out' . . .

looks like mini corn starch nodules. not uncommon - I've found it beneficial to stir the corn starch mixture immediately before dipping/coating - for every single batch.

seems corn starch likes to 'settle out' . . .
Interesting...have you ever fried with old oil that wasn't stored in an airtight container, that what used to cook a prior batch of chicken?
Have you ever had any issues with garlic leaving deposits behind?

I reuse oil and don't seem to have a problem. I only use highly seasoned flour (which has flour, some corn starch and baking powder along with lots of spices) to dredge my chicken in before frying.

we don't deep fry much - but shallow pan fry chicken and a couple other things.
here's beef strips that have been velveted with cornstarch - note the white bits...
1715083234892.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom