What's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Nigella seeds aka Black Cumin?

No. These are nigella seeds (AKA Kalonji)

nigella.jpg

These are black cumin seeds.

cumin-black.jpg

I conducted a little more research and it is apparent that some folks do call nigella "black cumin seeds". I've no idea why. These are my cumin seeds.

View attachment 28919

I've never come across the black cumin seeds you show above. At least I don't think so. In fact - if I google 'black cumin' it does show images and links to Nigella seeds which are really quite different. How strange.

Yes, my photo is black sesame seeds.

I've never come across the black cumin seeds you show above. At least I don't think so. In fact - if I google 'black cumin' it does show images and links to Nigella seeds which are really quite different. How strange.

The ones in my image are, AFAIK, the ones that Madhur recommends for her North Indian version of garam masala.

See #2190. I knew they were either nigella or sesame, just thought they looked more like nigella.

Not sure on the scale, but guessing either bottle opener or ring pull (can of beer/ soft drinks)

Yes. I tried to disguise it but still leave sufficient as a clue.

Not beer (I rarely drink beer from cans) nor soft drinks (I never take soft drinks). This is a can of "Ye Olde Oak" hot dog sausages.

ringpull.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom