Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this (cooking related)?

fullsizeoutput_3664.jpeg

Is it a naan bread flattener?

It's a heater for yeast cultures?

I had one for beer yeast in the 80s.

Nope
Its likely you won't know the technical name for this bit of kit. But you would be able to deduce what its for if I showed a total view. Here is the handle which might give a clue

20180706_135927.jpg

Right, so the sharp piece is protected inside the "box". Therefore you must have to push whatever you are cutting through the rectangular orifice. And whatever you are cutting is likely to be rectangular.

It's a device for cutting toast soldiers?

Right, so the sharp piece is protected inside the "box". Therefore you must have to push whatever you are cutting through the rectangular orifice. And whatever you are cutting is likely to be rectangular.

It's a device for cutting toast soldiers?
:laugh:

No - the wedge shaped box slides off....

No - its something you (can) use when making bread... its very sharp!
For making garlic bread :wink:

Making bread? My next guess was going to be a butter curler but they are not sharp.

Hum. Sharp thing with a curved, angled or shaped blade/s (so to require the box). To make bread. Tool is made in France. Something to do with French bread?

View attachment 17230
For making garlic bread :wink:

Making bread? My next guess was going to be a butter curler but they are not sharp.

Hum. Sharp thing with a curved, angled or shaped blade/s (so to require the box). To make bread. Tool is made in France. Something to do with French bread?

Its easier than you think. French bread, yes, But its used as a tool on all sorts of bread. The technical name is French. I wouldn't expect anyone to know that name since I didn't before I acquired the gadget! But it can be described very simply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom