What's your favorite casserole?

Lostvalleyguy

Veteran
Local time
9:41 AM
Although I am not a big fan of the casserole, I am working from home around dinner time with clients and I don't have a lot of time allocated for dinner. I can prep a casserole and toss it in the oven and have it ready when I have my dinner break so this makes for a hot homemade meal when I might not otherwise have the time.

Growing up as a kid, my mother made many casseroles but only one stood out as something I would make. My favorite is a chicken and broccoli casserole. Slightly upgraded by adding more broccoli and using only boneless skinless chicken breasts, it makes for a tasty and reasonably complete meal.
My version for 2:
2 chicken breasts - cubed
1 can of cream of celery soup (but any other cream of type soup will do).
1 pound of broccoli diced
1 handful of croutons
Grated cheddar cheese.
Mix the first 4 ingredients put in a small casserole dish, top with the cheese and cook in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes. (If you have less time, you can pre cook the chicken)

I'm not a big fan of casseroles either but on occasion I have had chicken or fish based ones that were actually pretty good. They just aren't my cup of tea.

That sounds delicious, we normally have casseroles over noodles or potatoes, but the croutons would be equally delicious. I'm a sucker for dressings/stuffings of all kinds. I haven't cooked with cream of celery soup in ages, we always seem to keep buying cream of mushroom for some reason, but the celery would be a nice change of pace as well. I just recently started using celery salt in my recipes as well.

So are you cooking the casserole when your customers/clients are there with you? It's probably making them hungry as well, lol.

I will also sometimes steam up several chicken breasts in my electric food steamer, to have on hand either to snack on or to use in recipes like this.

In winter I like to make a good vegetarian casserole with carrots, parsnips, onions and other vegetables. It can have potatoes, lentils or beans added to give it more substance. The casserole is thickened with tomato paste and seasoned with spices.

Me too I am an avid fan of eating chicken casserole...my ingredients are chicken, garlic, onion, ketchup, soy sauce, salt, sweet pickles relish, vienna sausages, red bell pepper, green peas, potatoes and grated cheese to make the sauce creamy. This is my way of cooking my chicken casserole my recipe for years already and this is delicious!

Although, I'm not a fan of casseroles nor do I know how to make one, I do adore my brothers girlfriends hash brown casserole. It's so yummy! She puts ham, cheddar cheese and several other items in it.

I've never made one myself, but I always get a beef and potato casserole at a nearby restaurant I frequent. It's great because it's so tasty so you don't need a lot and can eat it for a few meals without feeling shorted. I'm not sure what the ingredients in it are, exactly, but it has cheese, gravy, and beef slices.

Back
Top Bottom