What's your favorite steak eatery?

Local time
6:10 PM
What is your favorite place to mow down on a nice, juicy steak? I live in New England, and the best one we have here is 99 Restaurants. I know it sounds really simple, but they have the best steak tips! They're so juicy and tender, and the marinade is just amazing! Plus, it's really cheap so you definitely get a bang for your buck! What are the best steak joints near you? Or one you would travel out of town just to eat at?

My best place to eat juicy steak is Angus Steak House. First time I had the chance to dine at one of these restaurants was in London, but thankfully there are Angus restaurants in the USA, Mexico and other countries, all of which preserve similar ambiance, excellent service and similar preparation.

My favorite steak is New York Strip cooked at rare term.

I actually haven't ordered steak in that many restaurants. I did have prime rib at the Keg once, which was quite good. I've also had steak fajitas at Jack Astor's. Both were good enough dishes, but my dad's homemade steaks are generally just as good.

Chili`s is one of my favorites. They have restaurants world-wide I think and the food is top notch. One of the best places to have a T-Bone steak with baked potatoes and garlic butter. Just awesome.

In the Cleveland area, hands down one of my favorite steak houses would be "Red: The Steakhouse". It's a small place, located in a little strip mall no less, but it's definitely a suit and tie type place when you step inside. It's connected to another restaurant by the same owner, called "Moxie" which is a little more casual, French American cuisine - but Red is a straight up steak house. Some other ones in our area that are good too include "XO" and "Morton's".

One of my favorite cities to go to though for steaks would be Chicago. There are too many great steakhouses there to mention.

I love this steak restaurant known as Ryan's steak house. Not only can I go there for any and every type of steak imaginable but it also usually serves as a buffet usually filled to the brim with all different kinds of meat and side dishes that go well with meat; like mashed potatoes and gravy or steamed carrots.

It would have to be Ruths Chris Steakhouse for me. That place is amazing. We can only afford to go there about once a year because it is very expensive, but the food is worth every penny. They also give you gigantic sides which can be split amongst 2 people. My favorite is a fillet Minion, a baked potato, and some grilled asparagus.

I have been to Outback, Angus and Ruths Chris steak houses and they are all great. However we recently tried a place called Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steak house and it is my new favorite. My husband's sister and her husband were in town and we took them there for dinner. They have a wonderful cold food bar. I wouldn't call it a salad bar, although there were several salads, but there was also cold cooked asparagus, various cheeses and meats, marinated mushrooms and oh so many other things.

Then when one has had enough of the salad bar, the servers come around with skewers of meat which they carve off the skewer to the taste of the diner (rare, medium rare, etc) and one grasps the slice with a set of tongs provided to each diner for that purpose (so the slice doesn't fall on the table or the floor). There are different kinds of meats; beef mostly, but also pork and lamb. My BIL is the only one who had the lamb. Now I kick myself for not trying it. And the beef comes from many different cuts; fillet mignon, prime rib, top sirloin, flank steak and others I can't think of right now. The servers just keep coming until everyone is full to bursting.

Fogo de Chao is not cheap, but it is a fixed price of $51.50 per person not counting cocktails (of which we had a few), and I guarantee it is worth every penny. We plan to go back for our anniversary in August.

It's Sizzlers for us although the Sizzlers here is actually Sizzling Plate. One of the best steaks they have that's why we always go to that restaurant when we go on vacation to Baguio City, the summer capital of the Philippines. Our favorite is porterhouse, cooked medium well. The fats in that steak is truly delicious. Add to that the garnishings of mashed potato and vegetable salad, wow, I'm getting hungry.

Back
Top Bottom