What's your favorite style of cooking to do?

Reverend Jimmy

Veteran
Local time
2:05 PM
Be as broad or narrow as you want here, but I'm not asking for your favorite recipe; I want your favorite type of cooking to do- baking, deep frying, etc.

For me, it would have to be stir frying. For one thing, I love my veggies; a good stir fry lets me really play with veggie combinations and mix in interesting sauce and spice flavor elements. (I love the combination of lime juice and fresh ginger over something with fresh cilantro in it, for instance.)

My favorite style of cooking is southern. My dad is from Texas and mother from Mississippi. So, I grew up eating cornbread, fried chicken, and collard greens. In general, this is the best type of cooking I do. However, because of the calories and fat in this type of food, I opt for a lighter diet.

l.jpg

I love to bake! Baking is so relaxing and fun! It is a great way for me to be able to unwind. I also love being able to give my family homemade, baked foods. :) My favorite things to bake are cakes, cookies, brownies, and cupcakes. My husband loves it when I make him homemade treats. :)
My husband's favorite treats I make are turtle brownies and snickerdoodle cookies. I pack his lunch for work everyday. It is one way we save money. I like to also pack a homemade treat in his lunch.

I love home cooked (vegan) Indian meals and love making them. Everyone says how good they smell and usually I only have the spices and onions cooked at that stage! they are also very easy to 'pad out' so my husband can take some to work with him for lunch and I can mix and match with the recipes as I want because there is so much that can be done with 'simple' potatoes, onions, tomatoes and some pulses or beans.

My favorite style of cooking is food of my culture- Spanish food. There is nothing like a good hearty plate of white rice, beans, and some sauteed thin steaks with onions and fresh garlic to me! I also love to cook Italian food.

Slow cooker meals are my favorite they are so good, you can go all out or just keep it simply and they both are so tasty.

Generally, I really enjoy making sauces and soups from scratch. I grew up eating a lot of pasta, so I am always looking for new and creative recipes for more sophisticated sauces to toss them with. Soups from scratch are fun to make on the weekends when you got hours to spare to build a really rich full bodied sauce from scraps and other inexpensive ingredients. Homemade broths and stocks are night and day from the off the shelf stuff and really make a dish special.

Aside from that, I've been on a pressure cooker kick - trying to find out the most successful ways to cook with it and the best recipes that work with it.

Back
Top Bottom