What's your favourite drinking chocolate and how do you like to make it?

Shaun

Guru
Local time
2:35 AM
For me it's Cadbury Drinking Chocolate:

15783[1].png

Made with warm milk (pan warmed - not microwave!) :coffee: - hhhmmmmmm :D

How about you?

Another one for cadburys, and of course warmed milk in a pan also, def not microwave.

Mine would be Swiss Miss. I've tried some other brands and none of them really appealed to me as much as SM because this to me had the best balance of creaminess, bitterness and sweetness. Other brands were just a bit too bland to me. I also like Ovaltine although only some of the time as it's not really as rich as I'd like my hot chocolate to be.

Where I live, there's Spanish tablea cocoa that has a distinctive lift to it. I haven't figured out how to make it not quite so grainy, but I just have it with a bit of sugar. The smooth versions that I don't know how to make and only get in restaurants are super, super thick. They're more of a dip than a drink! But those are my favorites.

I recently discovered one made of corn meal, chocolate, sugar, cinnamon and star anise. It's a traditional American (South or Central) drink called champurrado.

I also like Ovaltine, Swiss Miss, chocolate milk...anything chocolate, that I can drink, hot or cold.

I am another lover of Cadbury Drinking Chocolate. I normally pour boiling water to it and then add evaporated milk to taste, so basically it is more water than milk. It does not call for any sugar as it contains its own sugar. I try not to put too much of the drinking chocolate in the cup since I think it tends to be a bit on the sweet side.

I haven't made hot chocolate in ages but when I did, I believe I used Swiss Miss. I don't think I've ever seen the Cadbury kind until now.

For me it's Cadbury Drinking Chocolate:
Made with warm milk (pan warmed - not microwave!) :coffee: - hhhmmmmmm :D

Oh my! Are you serious... Cadbury has a drinking chocolate? Alright now, this makes me feel awful because I thought I was the world's most serious chocoholic and I didn't KNOW this???!!! Let me off the hook here.. this is only available like in Timbuktu and a tiny corner market in Hoboken, New Jersey, right? I sure didn't miss it on my store shelves all this time.. did I?

Anyhow, to answer the question, I just make homemade cocoa/hot chocolate with the chocolate, sugar, and milk heating slowly on the stovetop. Is this Cadbury made with water or milk? I like a creamy milk base much better.

Oh my! Are you serious... Cadbury has a drinking chocolate? Alright now, this makes me feel awful because I thought I was the world's most serious chocoholic and I didn't KNOW this???!!! Let me off the hook here.. this is only available like in Timbuktu and a tiny corner market in Hoboken, New Jersey, right? I sure didn't miss it on my store shelves all this time.. did I?

Anyhow, to answer the question, I just make homemade cocoa/hot chocolate with the chocolate, sugar, and milk heating slowly on the stovetop. Is this Cadbury made with water or milk? I like a creamy milk base much better.

Hi. You can make it with either water or milk. Its your choice. In the UK it is very popular.

It's melted into milk. Never heard of that before
Its is proper chocolate, so does not dissolve. You have to heat the milk, add the chocolate and then heat the mixture again to melt the chocolate. If you don't, you end up with soft chocolate at the bottom of a mug of milk!

I LOVE LOVE drinking hot chocolate. I tried several methods before settling on my favorite combo: hot milk with Cadbury chocolate powder and a teaspoon of Nescafe coffee powder. I know that might sound weird but I really love the combining flavors of coffee and chocolate (it tastes like mocha!) because of the sweetness and hint of bitterness that kicks in afterwards... absolutely heavenly!

Back
Top Bottom