Wheat - Is it good or bad for health?

ganatarangini

Veteran
Local time
12:33 AM
I have always been confused about the effects of wheat on health. I've read a few articles which say that wheat is good for health as compared to rice. However, there are some other articles which say that wheat is not a good option to remain healthy. Could you help me get rid of this confusion?

Yeah, stop thinking about silly things like this. EVERYTHING is poisonous and will almost instantly kill you if you believe nutritional "experts". Each have their own researches and come to their own conclusions, most of them contradicting each other. It's just ridiculous.

People have been eating wheat based products for thousands of years. There is your answer.

The thing is everything you eat too much turns bad. Same thing happens with things you drink - even water, if you drink too much is not good!
Wheat is ok in small portions. If you are looking into losing weight, lowering your cholesterol and sugar levels, cutting down the wheat is good. Choosing whole grain is also a good alternative.

Wheat, when consumed in its whole form, is good for you as long as you aren't allergic to it. The bad comes when we remove all the fiber and nutritional value and use only the "White" portion or endosperm. Rice suffers the same fate when it is processed to the point of being indistinguishable in the body from sugar. I hope that we are waking up to the fact that our tastes for foods are at odds with our requirements.

According to foodpolitics, foods containing whole-wheat, which have been prepared in customary ways (such as baked or extruded), and eaten in recommended amounts, have been associated with significant reductions in risks for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and a more favourable long term weight management. So it's not bad for your health if taken in moderation.

I think whether or not wheat is suited to your diet depends on your body. As an example, my body has no problem digesting wheat but my mom has a gluten intolerance which has just been diagnosed with. After a few wheat free days, she's already seen a marked improvement in her health.

Has anyone heard about the Fast Metabolism Diet? It's all about eating carbohydrates, protein, staying away from wheat and falling in love with food again. You eat Carbohydrates the first few days of the week. Then you eat Protein towards the middle of the week and then you combine carbohydrates and protein towards the weekend, minus the wheat. You eat small portions at least five to six times a day, to get that metabolism going.

Everything in moderation and everything in its natural form. White bread has been a staple around the world for many years and now people are seeing the negative consequences. Generally I stay away from bread and find my fiber in other forms that are healthier for me.

Back
Top Bottom