When a Daddy Santoku and a Mommy Nakiri love each other very much...

The OMWC

Local time
4:44 AM
Website
www.enjoyterracotta.com
...they have the new knife I just had custom made for me by a local artisan. My daughter got one in yellow and brown, I got one in purple and gold, and these are, by a wide margin, the very best knives I've ever used. Scary sharp, thin, perfectly balanced, just float through the food. Admittedly, I'll be living off rice and beans for a while...
1681179704983.png
1681179747533.png
1681179806618.png

I've never had a custom-made knife before, but it was clearly time. And I got exactly what I felt I needed without being constrained to a single category. Seth (the guy who makes these) is a fanatic perfectionist which I understand and admire. The price was high, but it took him four 12 hour days to make it, so I feel like it was almost a bargain. And purple and gold are the school colors of the university where I work.

I thought my Shuns were pretty excellent, but then this came along...

I cannot get around the feeling that this knife looks like a French Chef's knife (sabatier?) with the last inch of steel broken off the tip. Sorry, I know that sounds disparaging, and I don't mean it to be an insult, that's just my observation.

But the blade is absolutely straight, which is not the case for my chef's knives. The guy who made it called it a "modified nakiri." I used it today to cut some slightly past prime cherry tomatoes that were soft. Sank through them cleanly with zero effort or squashing.

I am totally in love.

When a Daddy Santoku and a Mommy Nakiri love each other very much...​

I'm not sure this thread is legal in Texas and Florida. Are those knives male and female. They are not gay, right? The blades both look white, but I'm seeing some brown on the handles. I'm not sure this can be shown in schools here.

CD

When a Daddy Santoku and a Mommy Nakiri love each other very much...​

I'm not sure this thread is legal in Texas and Florida. Are those knives male and female. They are not gay, right? The blades both look white, but I'm seeing some brown on the handles. I'm not sure this can be shown in schools here.

CD
Handle is purple and gold, royal and manly. It's just one knife, so anything is legal.

Back
Top Bottom