When do you have your main meal of the day?

batgirl

Veteran
Local time
11:01 AM
I will occasionally find the motivation of a morning to undertake a cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, sausage, baked beans etc but usually just have toast or maybe porridge.

We tend to have a cooked main meal during the day at weekends and this has carried over from my childhood - classic roast dinner at midday on a Sunday, then a light tea in the evening.

During the week I will cook the evening meal, ready for when my husband gets in from work. This can range from pizza or a warm salad in the summer, to a hearty stew or pie in the colder months of the year.

What is your cooking routine each day and does it alter depending on the particular day?

The evening meal is definitely the main meal for me. I know there are different opinions on what is best, but for me, I am very active and my stomach is not so happy if I eat a whole bunch of food and then run off to work really hard. It is happier to digest lots of protein and a big meal after I am done with the hard work and settled down for the evening.

My main meal of the day is around the middle of the day, somewhere between 12 noon and 1 p.m. It has always been this way for me since I was a child. I usually have a moderately sized breakfast which consists of porridge, a scrambled, fried or boiled egg with ham or bacon, and bread with cheese, table butter or peanut butter, and tea. The evening meal is usually the smallest with just a cup of tea, along with some bread with a spread of some kind like peanut butter or jam. Sometimes I may also use a tin of tuna when I have it available.

It depends on the day, there is never a set rule. I always try to have a good sized breakfast, but it depends on time and where I am. When dinner is the main meal, it's because it is an occasion or a social gathering and I usually don't eat much if I know that will be the main meal if the day.

I tend to snack a lot, so main meals are becoming rare for me, unless I am eating with other people.

My main meal is breakfast or lunch because I try not to eat so much at dinner to stay healthy because I know if I eat a lot I'll just end up storing the calories because by night time I'm usually just sitting down browsing online or lying down watching a movie until I fall asleep. Breakfast is my favorite meal because I get to eat as much as I want guilt free.

It always used to be in the evening, when I was out at work all day. Now I work from home so lunch is my big meal. This is because I start early in the morning and when I've eaten breakfast before 6am I'm ready for a big meal in the middle of the day. It also allows me to take an hour break from work while I cook and eat my lunch.

In the evening I prefer just to have a light snack, because I go to sleep early and if I have a big evening meal I will not get the right sort of sleep.

Our main meal of the day is usually dinner. Sometimes, it might be lunch - and is never breakfast. I'm not a huge breakfast fan, but sometimes go through my breakfast "kicks." More often than not, dinner is the main meal. We have children, and they can't go without dinner! If the kids are at someone's house for the night, we might eat a big, late lunch and skip dinner....and maybe have a small snack later that night.

My main meal of the day is dinner. I mostly have a light breakfast (granola, fruit, almond milk) and a light lunch (sandwich and veggies or a salad). My dinners are usually more filling ( rice, veggies, and protein). I also eat light snacks (fruit and nuts) in between my meals and something light before bed if I get a little hungry.

I have my main meal in the middle of the day. I'm on a diet, and don't want to eat at night. I prefer to eat my main meal early, so I can the work it off. MR WD on the other hand, would eat his main meal in the evening, and have snacks including cake as late as 11pm at night. Bleh.

The evening meal is the main meal in my house. I hardly ever eat breakfast as I am busy getting the children ready for school. At lnch time, I will only have a snack if anything at all. Every evening, I cook a proper homemade meal and we eat togehter as a family. It is one of my favourite times of the day.

My main meal would be dinner, which I typically start preparing when I get home from work. However, that time varies, as I often work late. I'd say on average, I have dinner at around 5:30pm.

Mine is usually a big breakfast! I love cooking eggs and bacon with hash browns and some tomato or avocado on the side. Occasionally I'm too lazy but it makes me feel good to eat a big breakfast to start my day!

My main meal of the day is usually eaten around the afternoon, at 12pm if I get the opportunity to be specific about it. However, depending on my sleep schedule that meal can be either lunch or breakfast. It could also be a very nice brunch if I'm out with friends in some cases as well.

Our main meal is in the evening, we are at work all day so only have a sandwich and a juice for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom