When you order a meatball sub from subway

macagle88

Veteran
Local time
4:47 PM
When you order a meatball sub, do you want the sauce running down your arm? When I order one, I want it to be saucy and gooey. The saucier the better!

My son orders their pizza sub and he likes his the runnier, the better. He much rather have 95% sauce then anything else. I personally am not a sauce eating person so no sauce on a sub for me!

I like my meatball sub messy. The messier it is the better it taste to me.

When you order a meatball sub, do you want the sauce running down your arm? When I order one, I want it to be saucy and gooey. The saucier the better!

I'm the opposite.

I always order the meatball sub dry, with the sauce on the side in a small container.

I do it this way because when I used to order it and ask for just a small amount of sauce in it, they always seem to put too much of it in, making the sub roll too astronomically soggy!! :mad:

If I am eating the sub at a sit-down restaurant or at home, saucy is fine. It reminds me of when I was younger and my mom would be cooking pasta and other stuff for dinner, and to shut me up in the mean time, she would put some sauce on bread for me to snack on until dinner was ready.

But if I am eating one at work, or in my car, or in a more formal setting - it would drive me nuts if it was swimming in sauce like that. The last thing I want is to be wearing half the sauce on my shirt by the time I am done, not to mention having sauce all over my face looking like a pig eating it. I also wouldn't want it sauced up so much, if I had a longer drive back home before I could eat it. I never thought to ask for sauce on the side though, that's a good idea.

Subway drives me nuts though with how they make their subs. I hate it when I ask for a little bit of mayo on something and they spray like the equivalent of a whole jar of mayo on it. As chincy as they are with their meats and cheese, you would think they would be equally cheap with their condiments. For some reason, they also smash the crap out of their subs when cutting them in half.

I prefer my sandwiches to be very saucy, yes. I think it makes any sandwich better because I don't really like sandwiches all that much to begin with and much more so when they are dry so the sauce does help a lot.

Or when ordering one at Subway, I strictly ask them to just make the meatball sub with the little bit of sauce that's on the meatballs and no more. This way, there is no astronomically amount of sauce in the sub to sog up the roll!! :eek:

To be honest I've never ordered a meatball sub! I've seen a couple of friends order one though and the more sauce there is the better it looks! So yes, I'd have mine with a lot of sauce. As long as it doesn't literally run down your arms I'm happy :D

The saucier the better. I like tomato based sauces of any kind and the kind for meatball sandwiches is really one of my favorites. If I make a meatball sub at home I use so much sauce that I have to eat the sandwich with a fork and knife.

Back
Top Bottom