When you order Take away/delivery/carry out, do you plate or eat out of the container(s)?

CraigC

Guru
Local time
9:31 PM
For us it depends on the food, Italian (no pizza) is usually eaten from the container, while Thai and Chinese are plated because of the large portion sizes.

We always plate it. I don't like eating out of a box or a container.

Most of our take out/delivery food is Chinese. There is so much of it, we know we won't finish it, so we just take out what we can handle for that night and put it on a plate. Like the last I ordered was lobster and Singapore Noodles. They both lasted for 5 meals. :thumbsup::scratchhead:

Most of our take out/delivery food is Chinese. There is so much of it, we know we won't finish it, so we just take out what we can handle for that night and put it on a plate. Like the last I ordered was lobster and Singapore Noodles. They both lasted for 5 meals. :thumbsup::scratchhead:
Yah, but that saying about Chinese food and being hungry 5 minutes later could mean all 5 meals in the same evening!:eek: I always order a quart of Special Fried Rice and its gone the next day.

Yah, but that saying about Chinese food and being hungry 5 minutes later could mean all 5 meals in the same evening!:eek: I always order a quart of Special Fried Rice and its gone the next day.
Ha ha Thank goodness I DON'T eat it all the first night. Gives DH 5 nights off from cooking. (at least for me, he won't touch the lobster and has to find something for himself. He won't eat his leftovers.)

Craig, hope I'll see you on my new Cooking Game

I keep forgetting to ask. What IS that green thing?

I plate it unless it is soup, in which case I eat from the container. (Unless I am re-heating leftover soup takeout ).

The other containers are simply not easy to eat from, and in the case of pizza, I prefer to keep the box closed between slices as I excoriate COLD pizza - which means I need to plate that. Since pizza tends to be drippy (at least here), I like having a plate underneath.

I plate, unlike Craig, if I think there will be leftovers. I don't eat out of the container unless it's something like a sushi roll that will get eaten in 1 setting.

Thanks, was I off base. I thought it was a caterpillar. lol

Plate it if it's a curry, out of the packet with fish n chips. Out of the box if it's pizza. Chinese on a plate as well.

Russ

We always plate it unless it's something we've ordered whilst out and are eating it in the car/tent in which case it's from the container if they are single portions. Pizza would be straight from the box usually.

But all of that said, I live way too rurally to get delivery on anything from anywhere. It isn't as though it would be quicker or easier than cooking it. Even collecting it ourselves means a 2½hr round trip.

So the last time would have been back in the UK visiting my parents. They used to often eat out. They called it 'home cooking' they used it so frequently. But again, it was always plated up. Usually we had Indian because I could order something dairy free from it and get a vegan meal. But we'd often share curries after the person had eaten what they wanted first.

Ha ha Thank goodness I DON'T eat it all the first night. Gives DH 5 nights off from cooking. (at least for me, he won't touch the lobster and has to find something for himself. He won't eat his leftovers.)

Craig, hope I'll see you on my new Cooking Game

I keep forgetting to ask. What IS that green thing?

That is an Amazon Basin emerald tree boa. We used to breed them, along with their cousins.

Depends on the food. We definitely use a plate for food with gravy.

Back
Top Bottom