Where do you get your recipes?

I usually use the recipes passed on to me by my parents, grandparents and relatives, haha. I usually go from one relatives' house to the other just to find out their "family-exclusive" styles of certain dishes, and they're the ones that I try at home and check if they're good for the family or not. But most of the recipes I know are really from the family, haha.

I usually get them on the internet or on youtube channels. I love books and I have tons of them but I prefer to create my own ones with my favourite recipes.

Although I have some cookbooks at home, I now find it more convenient to access recipes online. There is no particular recipe source site that I favor. I just search on Google and bookmark the best ones. YouTube is also a great source for recipes. The videos really help a lot give an idea of the cooking process. When it comes to local and exotic dishes, I would go to personal blogs of locals who I think are the best sources for authentic tasting exotic recipes.

I usually get me recipes offline. Sometimes I watch cooking shows and write down recipes that I want to try. I have also gotten some from my grandmother. There is a lot of stuff that she makes that I absolutely love. I still have a few cookbooks that my mother have me but I barley use them.

I get the majority of my recipes from Pinterest. I also have a folder where I keep tear outs from magazines. I am also still a sucker for traditional cook books but since pinterest emerged, I don't buy them nearly as often.

Back
Top Bottom