Local time
6:12 PM
White Chocolate Party Mix
Makes 5 quarts

Ingredients
5 cups Cheerios cereal
5 cups Corn Chex cereal*
2 cups salted peanuts
1 lb M&M candies (Smarties in UK/Europe)
1 10oz package miniature pretzels
1 12oz package white chocolate/vanilla baking chips
3 TB vegetable oil

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.

In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil on medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring once. Microwave on high for 10 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Spread onto three waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool and break apart. Store in an airtight container.

Recipe courtesy of Taste Of Home

*I don't know if Chex are available for everyone, so you may need to substitute some other cereal in its place. I think Cheerios are nearly universal.

*I don't know if Chex are available for everyone, so you may need to substitute some other cereal in its place. I think Cheerios are nearly universal.

There is something similar in the UK: 'Shreddies'

1 lb M&M candies (Smarties in UK/Europe)

We have M&Ms here. They are different from Smarties. In fact, I think the creation of M&Ms was based on Smarties.

There is something similar in the UK: 'Shreddies'

We have M&Ms here. They are different from Smarties. In fact, I think the creation of M&Ms was based on Smarties.
I can't tell you what a shock it was when I asked a former american boss to bring me Smarties (European smarties) from the airport, and he showed up with US Smarties (which I find horrible!) :laugh: I bought "real" Smarties for him and he called them chocolate M&Ms!

I can't tell you what a shock it was when I asked a former american boss to bring me Smarties (European smarties) from the airport, and he showed up with US Smarties (which I find horrible!) :laugh: I bought "real" Smarties for him and he called them chocolate M&Ms!
There should be an international law that standardizes candy names! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom