Who does the cooking, you or your spouse?

primalclaws1974

Veteran
Local time
6:30 AM
In my family it's about 60/40, in my favor. I tend to do the more complex meals, with meat and potatoes and vegetables. She likes the simpler dinners, like tacos, porcupine meatballs, and other low-prep repasts. I am into making more homemade food as well. I make my own eggrolls and Chinese dishes, which take over an hour to prep, cook, and serve. She would never have the patience for that. But all and all, it is a pretty fair sharing of the work.

With regards to cooking, me and my spouse does it..but most of the time I am the one who usually cooks because he is working. But if he do not have work he is the one cooking. That is why there is no problem because both of us shared this kind of household work.

In my family it's about 60/40, in my favor. I tend to do the more complex meals, with meat and potatoes and vegetables. She likes the simpler dinners, like tacos, porcupine meatballs, and other low-prep repasts. I am into making more homemade food as well. I make my own eggrolls and Chinese dishes, which take over an hour to prep, cook, and serve. She would never have the patience for that. But all and all, it is a pretty fair sharing of the work.
For me it'a about 85/15 in my favor. I have the midas tough in the kitchen, and everybody in this house knows it. I don't mind for the most part, I have the opportunity to be home so I don't mind. If my wife was home more she would cook more.

I am very lucky to be engaged to a man who also loves cooking and baking as much as I do :) He's usually busier during the weekday than I am so I make most of the meals during the weekday, and he cooks on the weekends when he has more time. We like to bounce ideas off of each other and see what we want to eat and stuff and we look up recipes that we both enjoy :)

Usually it's my spouse. He cooks delicious meals and is very passionate about it but I do breakfast meals most of the the time because he wakes up late in the morning. He's got more recipes than me but I try my best and still learning everyday.

Well i think my hubby does most of the cooking, once he's home early from work he heads for the kitchen...i don't know if it's due to the fact that i cook with little or no salt which i know he detests even though he is not saying it to my face....i do like when he is home as i enjoy his cooking a lot.

Back
Top Bottom