Who has a Boning Knife?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:24 PM
There has been a lot of talk about knives recently. Haven't heard much talk about boning knives. I decided that i'd like to have one, so I've been looking around for one & found THIS one at Amazon. As you can see, it is NSF-certified, is flexible, & it looks like just the one that I might need for helping to remove raw meat from the bone!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I had one, and broke the tip off. If I get another, it will most likely be that Victorinox. I have a few others, and they are excellent knives at a reasonable price.

Boning knives are generally somewhat flexible, to get around bones. But, don't go Rambo on them, or they snap.

CD

Last edited:
I had one, and broke the tip off. If I get another, it will most likely be that Victorinox. I have a few others, and they are excellent knives at a reasonably price.

Boning knives are generally somewhat flexible, do get around bones. But, don't go Rambo on them, of they snap.

CD
I'd mainly be using it to just get some raw meat off the bone. Nothing much else. :whistling:

I'd mainly be using it to just get some raw meat off the bone. Nothing much else. :whistling:

That is what they are for, and why a certain amount of flexibility in the blade is helpful. I broke mine by not using it right.

CD

The point on the old one is not broken, but it is well worn down, and it is very hard trying to get it back. I DO have an electric knife sharpener, but still, once the point is gone, I might as well have broken it, as it seemingly is never gotten back!! :headshake:

I have a couple of Wusthof knives labeled as "utility" knives, both around the size of a boning knife, so that's what I use.

I have a Wuesthof boning knife. it has it's uses and is 'the best tool' for any number of tasks.
61QNm9HcdQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

it's not for 'getting raw meat off the bone' as in frenching chops/roast bones.
it's value is in separating 'meat chunks' from the bone(s).

pointy, flexible, narrow - it boldly goes where a chef knife can't get to.

My boning knife is from Fiskars 25€ and so far I did use it maybe two times, it's also one of the not so flexible ones. Ah, and I also have a problem with getting it really sharp.
Stay healthy

This curved one came anyway! Thought that they were out of it. Now I'm stuck with three because I had found the original one & wasn't even looking for it!! Hah!! :headshake:

Back
Top Bottom