Who has a Cheese Dome?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
10:21 PM
Cuisinart cheese Melters..jpg

I bought these two cute little Cuisinart cheese melters from Amazon. I gave one to a friend & kept the other one. But after that, I found out that any skillet with a tight-fitting lid is sufficient enough to do the job anyway. But I like the cheese to be slightly melted on my burger!! Oh well. They help trap that little extra concentrated heat just enough to help get the cheese on your burger, melted for better taste. :whistling:

Last edited:
View attachment 102155
I bought these two cute little Cuisinart cheese melters from Amazon. I gave one to a friend & kept the other one. But after that, I found out that any skillet with a tight-fitting lid is sufficient enough to do the job anyway. But I like the cheese to be slightly melted on my burger!! Oh well. They help trap that little extra concentrated heat just enough to help get the cheese on your burger melted for better taste. :whistling:
I just use a bowl, and then complain when I have a hard time lifting it back off!

View attachment 102155
I bought these two cute little Cuisinart cheese melters from Amazon. I gave one to a friend & kept the other one. But after that, I found out that any skillet with a tight-fitting lid is sufficient enough to do the job anyway. But I like the cheese to be slightly melted on my burger!! Oh well. They help trap that little extra concentrated heat just enough to help get the cheese on your burger melted for better taste. :whistling:

When I make burgers, I lay the cheese on the patty and within 20-30 seconds it's melted. I don't use a lid.

We use these on the flat-top of our café for cheese melting and also to help our breakfast burrito eggs cook more evenly and puff a bit. VERY useful tool on the line, but I can't think of where I'd use them in my home kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom