Who likes using Paper Straws?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:17 PM
I don't like them! They leave a very horrible feeling on my tounge that's unbearable Certain bars & restaurants have them. The purpose is that in time, they deteriorate & don't stick around for a long time like plastic straws will. But I'm too used to plastic straws, even though they don't eventually evaporate in time. 😡 :eek:

Last edited:
That's all we ever had when I was a kid... paper straws. I have no problem with them.

Actually, I seldom use a straw. At restaurants, even fast food joints, I prefer to drink right out of the cup.

CD

BTW, the plastic thing I avoid like the plague are those six-pack of soda rings. Here's why...

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 4.54.09 PM.jpg

CD

I cannot remember the last time I used a straw. I also hate the habit of drinking direct from a bottle.

My opinion: we have this awesome material called plastic, that is a live saver all over the world and that we should handle it like uran, because it did grow to a live threatening danger

I don't like them! They leave a very horrible feeling on my tounge that's unbearable Certain bars & restaurants have them. The purpose is that in time, they deteriorate & don't stick around for a long time like plastic straws will. But I'm too used to plastic straws, even though they don't eventually evaporate in time. 😡 :eek:
I grew up with the paper ones - but these days the only time I use straws is for milkshakes and floats because they are so thick to drink. So, maybe twice a year. I wish I could remember to tell waitstaff I don't want a straw, and it is rather too late when they've come by and dropped it in front of me along with whatever beverage was ordered. (Yes, they'll throw them out, unused.)

I did buy metal straws, but I seem to have misplaced them. (I wanted to use one for the malted mocha milkshake I made for the cocoa challenge....)

The newer paper ones are okay. They are sturdier and last longer than the old fashioned kind. They are often made from recycled material as well. Several restaurants we go to use them. I don't know if the ones I'm talking about are available to a regular person yet. I rarely use straws at home so I still have a box of plastic bendy straws I bought several years ago and haven't looked at the grocery lately.

Not particularly, although I have to admit I haven't seen the new kind. I don't often have cold drinks and when I do, I just drink them straight from a tumbler.

I know that disabled people have problems with paper straws and with drinking straight from a cup or tumbler.

Back
Top Bottom