Who Mans the Grill At Your Home?

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
3:21 PM
My hubby is the grill master here at our house. It would not even do me any good to try to take up the habit of grilling. It's his grill and he is the master. LOL Do you share equally in your grill at home or does one person take the sole responsibility of grilling the food when its time for a cookout? I really don't mind here at our home because while he is out there braving the elements I am in the house getting all of the side dishes ready.

Who Mans Your Grill?

Hahaha, that would be my fiancé! Although I do know how to grill a steak, I'm not about to debate who is going to do a better job of it. I cook almost everything indoors, manage a home, and work freelance. It's enough. He definitely has my blessing whenever he feels like taking over the grill. Besides, he's got a pretty sweet system down.. and he usually throws in his mixed cocktail making expertise while I'm waiting.

There's no man at home to take care of the grilling side of cooking, but it's curious to see how men are truly passionate about grilling.

Could be something behind this activity that we are missing? Probably the loads of fun that they have doing it :)

Hahaha, that would be my fiancé! Although I do know how to grill a steak, I'm not about to debate who is going to do a better job of it. I cook almost everything indoors, manage a home, and work freelance. It's enough. He definitely has my blessing whenever he feels like taking over the grill. Besides, he's got a pretty sweet system down.. and he usually throws in his mixed cocktail making expertise while I'm waiting.

Oh you lucky lady, getting the mixed cocktail treatment! Sounds like a great way to be a bit pampered.

There's no man at home to take care of the grilling side of cooking, but it's curious to see how men are truly passionate about grilling.

Could be something behind this activity that we are missing? Probably the loads of fun that they have doing it :)

Men do seem to get a kick out of it don't they? I am not sure what makes it so appealing to them..... I will have to observe one day from afar. LOL

We have an automatic propane grill so we both do it equally. Actually, probably me more, because I cook M-F, and he cooks on the weekends. The "lighter" button went out a few weeks ago on it so now I'll have him go light the thing. Not because I can't do it, but because I hate getting dirty. Haha.

But yeah, we both do it equally. I probably grill 5 out of 7 nights a week in the summer. Maybe not economical, but it sure is good.

It varies depending on who's home and what everyone wants to eat. If I'm the only one who wants brauts or steak, I'll grill it myself. If I'm feeling lazy, but others want it... I'll ask if they can make it. Cooking and cleaning up afterwards is more of a combined job that switches around.

We have an automatic propane grill so we both do it equally. Actually, probably me more, because I cook M-F, and he cooks on the weekends. The "lighter" button went out a few weeks ago on it so now I'll have him go light the thing. Not because I can't do it, but because I hate getting dirty. Haha.

But yeah, we both do it equally. I probably grill 5 out of 7 nights a week in the summer. Maybe not economical, but it sure is good.

Grilling out is so much better than heating up the house!

It varies depending on who's home and what everyone wants to eat. If I'm the only one who wants brauts or steak, I'll grill it myself. If I'm feeling lazy, but others want it... I'll ask if they can make it. Cooking and cleaning up afterwards is more of a combined job that switches around.

I can relate to this. I think I really should take the reigns and grill but I think hubby does not care for me to touch his precious baby. LOL

Even though I'm vegetarian, I enjoy grilling meat to perfection. I'd rather be grilling than preparing salads or sides indoors any day. In my family everyone takes turns grilling, although I'd probably say that my mom is more skilled than my dad, step dad or grandfather. My mom has grilling down to a fine art. :)

As a side note, I still eat grilled food (vegetarian sausages, patties, vege kebabs and corn), whoever is grilling just makes my food first ha ha which I guess is a bonus.

There is no one who manages to grill at home. Whoever is available if other members of the family are busy cooking other dishes is the one who take charge of the grilling either its a pork or chicken barbecue or beef steak. Every weekend we usually do this after a week of stress from work.

My husband is the grill king in our home. :) He loves to grill out and he is terrific at it! He likes to marinate and try new recipes. Over the weekend he marinated chicken and then grilled it. We then chopped up the grilled chicken over top a fresh salad. It was so amazing!
He definitely make awesome steaks on the grill as well! He makes his own seasonings and they are fantastic!
We have a small George Foreman grill that we keep in the house. I occassionally use it to make hambugers, but I prefer my husband to grill out.

Even though I'm vegetarian, I enjoy grilling meat to perfection. I'd rather be grilling than preparing salads or sides indoors any day. In my family everyone takes turns grilling, although I'd probably say that my mom is more skilled than my dad, step dad or grandfather. My mom has grilling down to a fine art. :)

As a side note, I still eat grilled food (vegetarian sausages, patties, vege kebabs and corn), whoever is grilling just makes my food first ha ha which I guess is a bonus.

Veggies and fruits cooked on the grill are great! I love to slice a yellow squash or a zuccini in half and grill it with some spices and a pat or two of butter.

There is no one who manages to grill at home. Whoever is available if other members of the family are busy cooking other dishes is the one who take charge of the grilling either its a pork or chicken barbecue or beef steak. Every weekend we usually do this after a week of stress from work.

Sounds as if everyone has experience with the grill. That is a good thing. I must admit that I am not as experienced as my husband is. I really do need to use our grill more often to become accustomed to it.

My husband is the grill king in our home. :) He loves to grill out and he is terrific at it! He likes to marinate and try new recipes. Over the weekend he marinated chicken and then grilled it. We then chopped up the grilled chicken over top a fresh salad. It was so amazing!
He definitely make awesome steaks on the grill as well! He makes his own seasonings and they are fantastic!
We have a small George Foreman grill that we keep in the house. I occassionally use it to make hambugers, but I prefer my husband to grill out.

LOL you are making me hungry! I would love a big ole steak right about now. We need to buy a new GF grill. I have not had one of those in a while. It was nice to use inside when it was raining outside.

I man the grill. I don't trust anyone else enough to cook my food. Hah. I'm the cook around the house and most prefer it that way. I don't grill a whole lot though because we don't eat a lot of those kinds of foods. We rarely buy steak and I don't cook pork. I make a mean barbecued chicken though.Our family aren't huge vegetable either; most of our vegetables come from salad.

I know people who do all their cooking on the barbecue, including their baked goodies. I'd love to be able to do that in the summer when the oven makes the house too hot. I'll need a better grill though as ours is too basic. I dream of buying myself a temperature controlled Weber.

Lol, it's usually me, I do chicken, pork, beef and lamb ribs and the other man in the house usually does the fish, he taught me how to do lamb properly over a fire and then his wife and my girlfriend make salads and garlic breads. I agree with the above, there's just something about us guys and manning the grill that makes us feel all manly and proud lol.:cool:

My husband is always the outdoor cook at our house. But I am the indoor griller. I love my George Foreman grill! :0)

My hubs is our grillmaster because its the one way he enjoys cooking, so I've always considered grill nights a break for me from the kitchen. He may have to move over though, because I have found quite a few recipes I'd like to try and springs the perfect time!

Back
Top Bottom