WI book of preserves.

Arch

Guru
Local time
12:19 PM
I ordered this last week and got my hands on it today (it was delivered to NT's and he brought it over).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WI-Book-Preserves-Carol-Tennant/dp/1847371760

Looks fabulous! I haven't had a chance to look at it fully but every page I've flicked it open at looks gorgeous. I just spotted a recipe for Membrillo, a sort of very thick quince jelly. I love quince, and I've had this once in a tapas place. Need to get some quinces!

Another one I'll be trying is apple cinnamon and raisin conserve....

The WI books are very good, although some of their recipes have quite a lot of ingredients. I don't think you can beat them on preserves, though. The apple, cinnamon and raisin one sounds good to go with cheese and savoury stuff like pork pies.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to making that one.

I've got my eye on plenty of fruit to forage from the nature reserve, and I'll be passing the cinnamon and raison recipe onto the guys at work too, as another way of using up the feral apples, perhaps to sell at our Apple Day in October.

I ordered this last week and got my hands on it today (it was delivered to NT's and he brought it over).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WI-Book-Preserves-Carol-Tennant/dp/1847371760

Looks fabulous! I haven't had a chance to look at it fully but every page I've flicked it open at looks gorgeous. I just spotted a recipe for Membrillo, a sort of very thick quince jelly. I love quince, and I've had this once in a tapas place. Need to get some quinces!

Another one I'll be trying is apple cinnamon and raisin conserve....

Membrillo is delicious. I always have some when I'm in Spain but hadn't thought of trying to make some.

I am developing an interest in preserving foods, and this book will be perfect for getting some additional recipes for making preserves. I would like to make Mango Curd, Roasted Red Pepper Relish and the Marinated Goat's Cheese. Those sound really good.

I suppose in Jamaica, you have easy access to more 'exotic' ingredients to us in the UK. Although, of course, they aren't exotic over there I guess!

Back
Top Bottom