Wine is my favorite food group

ChanellG

Guru
Local time
6:57 PM
Just kidding, but it's right up there with cheese and chocolate. I always say the three items are ones I'll never give up. I consume them in moderation, but I don't think life would be the same without them, whether on their own or combined in dishes when cooking. I could easily live on just fruit, vegetables, nuts and beans, but I don't think I'd be as happy...

Brilliant. Beer, wine, steak, and chocolate is a superb diet. It contains all the known and required food groups - grain [in the beer] vegetables/fruit [in the wine and chocolate] and protein [in the steak]. Throw in some cheese [for the calcium] and there you have perfection.:D

We have a bottle of Lebanese Syrah, it worked very well with the fillet steak we had for our main course this evening, we are now finishing it off and it is really good.

Brilliant. Beer, wine, steak, and chocolate is a superb diet. It contains all the known and required food groups - grain [in the beer] vegetables/fruit [in the wine and chocolate] and protein [in the steak]. Throw in some cheese [for the calcium] and there you have perfection.:D

Ha, ha! I like the way you think! I had two beers yesterday :) No steak for me though, I will stick to getting my protein from other sources (including cheese). I also get calcium from other sources - people don't realize there's calcium in other foods like salmon and even in unexpected places like broccoli.

Mine too! I know there are commercial wineries in every US state now. Do you know of any near you in LA, @ChanellG?

There is a place across the lake, but I wouldn't drink the wine, lol. Someone brought me a bottle back once. It was... drinkable, sort of, just not what I look for in a bottle of wine. I opened it with some people who were regulars at a weekly wine tasting I used to attend and one person said it was like wine in Russia.

There is a place across the lake, but I wouldn't drink the wine, lol. Someone brought me a bottle back once. It was... drinkable, sort of, just not what I look for in a bottle of wine. I opened it with some people who were regulars at a weekly wine tasting I used to attend and one person said it was like wine in Russia.
Always room for improvement. I was amazed to find more than drinkable wine from NM a few years back.
Lol. Were they familiar with russian wine?!!

Always room for improvement. I was amazed to find more than drinkable wine from NM a few years back.
Lol. Were they familiar with russian wine?!!

She is Russian, so yes, she was familiar. There is only room for improvement if you're buying juice. While a grape may grow in one place that also grows in another, there are unique characteristics about the terroir that contribute to how the wine will ultimately taste once the grapes have been harvested and vinified. Drinkable doesn't go very far in the wine world, really.

Back
Top Bottom