Wok Cooking

Seems like you are using the wok mainly as a 'chef's pan' rather than for wok cooking on a high heat. In fact a flat based wok is almost identical to a chef's pan.

Probably the only high heat cooking that I do in a wok are the vegetables for chop suey, each one cooked individually in turn for a very short time, 90 to 120 seconds. That is in the large aluminium wok.

Unless cooking beef steak is considered high heat cooking? I fry that at very high heat but in the 280 mm mable coated wok.

5 out of 7 are flat bottomed. We don't have a gas wok ring (I don't think that I've seen one here) but we use a couple of steel trivets when necessary to support any of the woks/pans.

The steel trivets (on the rear rings).

I enjoy using a wok, have a gas stove at home. Found to get better heat I flip the grate over then the wok will sit closer to the flame. When the weather is good I will cook outside on my big kahuna burner.

View attachment 44729

That looks like a properly seasoned steel wok rather than a non-stick. I confess I've only ever used a non-stick woks - until the coating peels off!

This is the best wok burner I have used for heat. When we were living in the UK I used my wok more to steam dim sum baskets.

Back
Top Bottom