Wood Cooking Utensils

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
5:17 PM
What's the member opinion on wood kitchen utensil sets? Best wood? - bamboo?

Does the wood absorb flavors or spices - especially peppers?

I use the cheapies because I go through them quite quickly and don't care to handwash them so they go in the dishwasher..the real hardwood ones can get pricey and I am sure to burn it or crack it some how..I wouldn't worry too much about them absorbing any flavor that would trasfer to other cooking if they are washed well..

I have hardwood ones right now. They last quite a while. They're generally good about not absorbing flavors as long as you don't leave them in a pot of stew or whatever.

I do handwash mine, and I also give them the occasional treatment of mineral oil.

Cheap all they way and I put them in the dishwasher. No transfer of flavours in my experience. And even washed in the diswasher they last forever it seems. They are so cheap here that its ridiculous!

Last edited:
I have a few wooden utensils. They are good with all types of cookware because they don't scratch or peel non-stick coatings, nor do they damage stainless steel cookware!! If anything, the food itself would mar the cookware! :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom