Wordle (may contain spoilers)

I read another Wordle complaint article today. Now, it’s about the final word having too many similar words, making it nearly impossible to solve.

The word was
shake
and people felt there was no way to definitively get that, due to similar words like
shame, shale, share, etc.

I think people are complaining just to complain!

I read another Wordle complaint article today. Now, it’s about the final word having too many similar words, making it nearly impossible to solve.

There is some truth in that. This game is partly luck and partly skill. My luck yesterday regarding this word, was to happen to pick one of the two possible alternatives, given the letters I had. If I hadn't, it would have gone to another step. The puzzle rests on how many correct hits for letters you get in the first two stages really. Had I not got the letters I had in the first few steps, it might indeed have been unsolvable.

You should have a go TastyReuben - you know a lot of words!

You should have a go @TastyReuben - you know a lot of words!
It’s hard to explain, but I don’t really like games that involve random guessing. I like ones where the answer is present, but you have to figure it out. I think that’s why I’m more apt to play number/math games (though I really don’t care for games in general).

It’s hard to explain, but I don’t really like games that involve random guessing. I like ones where the answer is present, but you have to figure it out. I think that’s why I’m more apt to play number/math games (though I really don’t care for games in general).

Its not quite random guessing - its just an element of that. I prefer cryptic crosswords where the answer is definitely present.

Last edited:
OK - in a way I failed but that is because I didn't understand that:

A letter can be used more than once in the word

Had I realised this I'd have got it in 4.

Back
Top Bottom