Wordle (may contain spoilers)

I had to take a break and come back to it. Took me awhile to figure this one out. I ended up getting pinning paper and writing out different combinations lol

Wordle 316 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I've not been doing Wordle for the last few days. I think I'm no good at it - yet I'm quite good at cryptic crosswords. Something about Wordle upsets me. Maybe its the 'luck' element...

I've not been doing Wordle for the last few days. I think I'm no good at it - yet I'm quite good at cryptic crosswords. Something about Wordle upsets me. Maybe its the 'luck' element...
That’s what I think. It’s too little figuring it out and too much guessing correctly.

I get the being upset by it, because there can be more than one word that can fit the solution, and if you guess incorrectly, you’ve lost, regardless of how well you did up to that point. I know people have complained about that previously.

That’s what I think. It’s too little figuring it out and too much guessing correctly.

I get the being upset by it, because there can be more than one word that can fit the solution, and if you guess incorrectly, you’ve lost, regardless of how well you did up to that point. I know people have complained about that previously.

Yep - that's it in a nutshell.

There is an element of luck in the choosing of the first word, but from there there is mostly a technique that I guess done are better at than others.

Yesterday's was annoying because there were several options with the letters I had sussed. Today's was easy and straight forward because quite frankly I could only come up with 1 word that took the incorrect location letters into account with the correct location letters. Hard to explain my theory without spoiling it for others

I started with the word Share. The R was correct location, the H & A correct but incorrect location. The s & e wrong period. The H can't come in position 3 before the R, is exceptionally unlikely in a 5 letter word to be in position 5 and we've already ruled out position 2, so the word absolutely must start with a H. A has been ruled out of p4, p3 & p1 by default, and frankly is very unlikely to be in P5. So that gives me HA-R- with no E or S. The word could end in a T, but the likelihood of that is very low with the possible vowels Kerrey in play (IOU). I don't know many HAOR? words or HAUR? words that are 5 letters... so HAIR? and S has already been ruled out.

From what I can see, it comes down to careful choice of that first word and I've found share, hears, hares, heart, & their or heirs give me the most reliable results.

To be honest, I don't play every day. When 1st introduced I really struggled and would get really frustrated and upset because I didn't understand it or how it worked.

Back
Top Bottom