Would you want to own a Restaurant?

I feel like cooking for a living would take all the enjoyment out of it. Suddenly it's all stress and trying to please everyone instead of "hey guys come over for dinner".

:) You make a valid point but for some it's the pleasure of seeing people actually enjoy something they have a hand in preparing and getting paid for it. There is a customer who used to own a restaurant and still talks about the joy she got from hearing all the great comments about her dishes. She confesses it was hard work but she got real satisfaction from it.She is well along in years and her face lights up when she starts to talk about it. Hers is a story I like to tell.

:) You make a valid point but for some it's the pleasure of seeing people actually enjoy something they have a hand in preparing and getting paid for it. There is a customer who used to own a restaurant and still talks about the joy she got from hearing all the great comments about her dishes. She confesses it was hard work but she got real satisfaction from it.She is well along in years and her face lights up when she starts to talk about it. Hers is a story I like to tell.
That makes total sense, and I agree that it would be really satisfying to see people enjoy the food you make, but I just feel like there are too many people in the world who would complain and similar. I'm a bit of a cynic I guess, but I feel like you'd end up cooking twenty hamburgers or steaks a day and not get to do the fun and creative dishes very often.

You could say it's always been a dream of mine. I like the farm to table concept restaurants more than those restauranteur-ran types. We have a farm in my city and I plan to grow some lettuces and basil for the restaurant. I like a good Italian brickoven kind of restaurant that's very affordable and relaxed. There would be a lot of neutral colors, greens, wood and simple cutlery.

Once upon a time I thought I might like to, but as I am getting older I don't want to work that long and hard. It's something you really need to have a passion for because it's a tough business to be in and the margins are small compared to other businesses. If you could somehow take advantage of the whole farm to table movement by growing/producing your own food it might be more cost effective, but it's still a lot of work.

That is my dream. I would love to own a restaurant located in the country. I have thought of a place where there is canoeing that has fishing facilities as well. It is a cool place that would have many people head there to unwind from the city.

One of the good things about having a Restaurant is that you always have somewhere to find something to eat and the staff always want to impress you with their cooking. I have a friend with a Restaurant and whenever I talk about food she reminds me gets food from the Restaurant. She's even told me that I can have but if I'm being honest the food isn't that great. I'm amazed that it appears to be doing well. I mean it in the nicest way.

Actually it is my dream to own a small restaurant someday. But I know that it is not that easy to open one and you have to follow some regulatory requirements to the government before they gave you a business license to operate. I know the pros and cons because it is my job before when I was not still married I process licensing papers and documents for private businesses. And one thing before you intend to have this kind of business be sure that you have the needed capital investment to fund your business. And you have to be ready and bear in mind that in a business there will be always ups and down. That is why now it is just only in my dream of owning a restaurant.

I wouldn't mind owning a restaurant, especially as I get older - I work in internet marketing, and I'm assuming sooner or later I'm going to become "irrelevant" in this line of work due to my age. Owning a restaurant would probably be a more secure form of income in my older years, assuming the restaurant does reasonably well. My biggest concern would be weathering the slow periods when the restaurant isn't doing so well, and being able to take big losses on food and other supplies I invested in going bad and having to be replaced.

I spent my late teens and early 20's working in several restaurants, so I am used to the grind so to speak when it comes with getting slammed with lunch and dinner rushes, as well as dealing with the public in terms of serving and managing. Personally I would prefer a restaurant that was more along the lines of a "fast food" style place rather than a sit down establishment with servers. It's easier to keep a line of people moving along than it is to keep tables rotating throughout the evening.

I enjoy doing stuff like prep work in the mornings, so that wouldn't really be a big deal to me. But the hard part would be closing down the kitchen at night and doing all the sloppy closing work. The last thing I would want to be doing is stuff like changing oil in the fryers and cleaning them all out, as well as scrubbing the griddles/grills clean, cleaning and changing the grease traps, etc... Hopefully I would be able to afford some sort of night crew to come in and handle this for me.

Reading all the replies through , I read about dreams and ideas would like to , the hard reality is its hard, good couple of years then things slow up , I have always wanted to expand into a mobile concept doing shows , festivals , carnivals, but the dishes that make money would be high profit , fast , this area is ever changing , so again would I want to through a load of money at it ? So at the moment it stays a dream or idea in the making

Back
Top Bottom