Guru
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
3:23 PM
When the Christmas movies start airing on TV there are a few I look for:

My all time favorites:

#1 It's a Wonderful Life
Jimmy Stewart

I much prefer the original, black and white version.

#2 A Christmas Story

We watched this the first year it aired. George was kicked back in his recliner. He laughed so hard that he tipped over backwards.

#3 Polar Express
Tom Hanks

I love Tom Hanks and the motion capture technology is amazing.

Christmas Reads:

I have an old, tattered copy of Charles' Dickens A Christmas Carol. I read it every year.

A regional favorite is A Cajun Night Before Christmas by "Trosclair" a.k.a James Rice. When my nieces and nephew were young I read it to them on Christmas Eve. Now I read it to their children.

View: https://youtu.be/4hxlWPPGU1k?t=21

I'm not really into the normal Christmas films. I'll be searching Netflix, Amazon, and Sky, I expect, for likely candidates. I still prefer a good horror or crime story, but I have seen Polar Express a couple of times. I, too, have an old copy of A Christmas Carol - it belonged to my granddad - but I haven't read it for years. Perhaps I should root it out and give it another go. At some point over the school holidays, I usually go to my daughter's so I don't have much say in what TV we watch. Last year we watched "Don't Breathe" :D

Not a real Christmas movie, but in the final scene, Harvey Keithel, who plays Auggie, tells of a Christmas story. The movie I'm referring to is Smoke, drawn from the same book by Paul Auster (American writer which love so much). The last scene of this movie I am touched every time I see it, and I assure you I've seen it several times.
A Christmas movie that still makes me laugh is a "chair for two" with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy and every year a television network airs it like a kind of television tradition ..

Last edited:
Exemplary question ..

The classic silver screen Christmas Films ..

Cannot remember all their titles at the moment, however, name a few below ..

Books: For my grandsons ( one is going on seven and one is going on eight ) ..

In all honesty, I do not have a fave Xmas film .. The ones I enjoy are the 1950s black and White for example: Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, The Bishop´s Wife however, we do not watch t.v. ever while we are at the dining table ..

The boys have a guest room at my parents and in laws as well .. And can watch a video selected by their parents ..

We love Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman and it is our fave classic film if asked .. We usually watch it once a year !

Last edited:
Exemplary question ..

The classic silver screen Christmas Films ..

Cannot remember all their titles at the moment, however, name a few below ..

Books: For my grandsons ( one is going on seven and one is going on eight ) ..

In all honesty, I do not have a fave Xmas film .. The ones I enjoy are the 1950s black and White for example: Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, The Bishop´s Wife however, we do not watch t.v. ever while we are at the dining table ..

The boys have a guest room at my parents and in laws as well .. And can watch a video selected by their parents ..

We love Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman and it is our fave classic film if asked .. We usually watch it once a year !

@MypinchofItaly & @ElizabethB

Good evening ladies ..

When we travel down to Madrid, we always go to the Theatre .. And had seen uncountable Broadway Musicals and Plays over the years .. Another fave is The Original Phantom of the Opera, with Jeanette Mc Donald and Douglas Fairbanks Jr .. We have also seen the original film a few times ..

We are happy just to catch up with each other and plan our yearly trip over to Italy .. And relax .. and spend time with the family ..

Not a real Christmas movie, but in the final scene, Harvey Keithel, who plays Auggie, tells of a Christmas story. The movie I'm referring to is Smoke, drawn from the same book by Paul Auster (American writer which love so much). The last scene of this movie I am touched every time I see it, and I assure you I've seen it several times.
A Christmas movie that still makes me laugh is a "chair for two" with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy and every year a television network airs it like a kind of television tradition ..

@MypinchofItaly

We are big fans of Eddie Murphy !

Highly enjoyable ..

@MypinchofItaly & @ElizabethB

Good evening ladies ..

When we travel down to Madrid, we always go to the Theatre .. And had seen uncountable Broadway Musicals and Plays over the years .. Another fave is The Original Phantom of the Opera, with Jeanette Mc Donald and Douglas Fairbanks Jr .. We have also seen the original film a few times ..

We are happy just to catch up with each other and plan our yearly trip over to Italy .. And relax .. and spend time with the family ..

@MypinchofItaly

Have a wonderful evening ..

Back
Top Bottom