Your Favorite Christmas Movie/Story

@MypinchofItaly

I am uncertain if we are going to travel to Milano however, if we do, I shall send you a message, of course .. Double Espressos !!

We were thinking of The Dolmides or Friuli Giuliana or Veneto ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Beautiful Dolomiti! Ditto Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia :okay:

@MypinchofItaly

We have dear dear Friends in Verona so we thought to fly to Venezia first and do our San Marcos and Murano .. Then, we shall have a lunch in Verona and head over to Friuli Giuliana .. We were there so many many years ago but it is an área to explore .. or to go over to Trentino Alto Adige .. My husband is checking on distances and car rentals, flights and bus / rail routes so we can see our options .. We only have 7 days 6 nights so we may stay in Veneto only and this would be better in my opinión .. Venezia, Verona, Treviso and go to a couple of wineries for Prosecco and just enjoy Venezia and its enchantment ..

@MypinchofItaly

We have dear dear Friends in Verona so we thought to fly to Venezia first and do our San Marcos and Murano .. Then, we shall have a lunch in Verona and head over to Friuli Giuliana .. We were there so many many years ago but it is an área to explore .. or to go over to Trentino Alto Adige .. My husband is checking on distances and car rentals, flights and bus / rail routes so we can see our options .. We only have 7 days 6 nights so we may stay in Veneto only and this would be better in my opinión .. Venezia, Verona, Treviso and go to a couple of wineries for Prosecco and just enjoy Venezia and its enchantment ..

Don't forget Padova. If you have time, visit it. It's a gem.

There was a time when you used to get lots of Marx Brothers' films on the telly around Christmas, but they never seem to get shown these days. Sure, I've seen all of them, some several times, but I never tire of seeing a Marx Brothers' film. There always seems to be something you never spotted before (probably because you were so busy laughing at something else).

A few years ago we decided to spend time over Christmas watching old films, a lot we have never seen before, a few were classic black & white. Some were really good, others not so however It's a wonderful life is fab.

On TV tonight - my #1 favorite Christmas movie - "It's A Wonderful Life". The original B/W movie. I do not like the colorized/digitized versions. The epitome of feel good Christmas movies. I look for it every year.

@ElizabethB

Are you referring to the Italian foreign film, which takes place during World War II ? It won an Oscar for the Best Foreign Film. I went through a whole box of Kleenex ! Phenomenal film but extraordinarily sad .. and steeped in the catastrophes of that War ..

Back
Top Bottom