Your favorite dried berries to add to trail mix?

Local time
1:36 AM
I've been on a huge trail mix kick lately, mixing granola with various berries, nuts, and chocolates. I would have to say that so far, my favorite combo is dried blueberries with granola and dark chocolate pieces. It tastes so rich, I fell in love right away! What are your favorite dried fruits to add to trail mix? I'd say my second favorite would be the same combination, only with freeze-dried raspberries. That one can be kind of messy, though.

My favorite dried fruit to add to trail mix is pineapple. Dried pineapple has an awesome level of sweetness and texture. It goes well with bitter nuts and coconuts.

pineapple-450.jpg

I like dates and apricots. These can be added whole or chopped. Both are sweet and nutritious. I also like dried mango and pineapple pieces. Banana chips are good too. There are so many types of dried fruit available I would think any of them are good for making trail mix.

If I was adding chocolate to the mix I would also go for dark chocolate pieces, although white chocolate is great with red berries.

Dried cranberries and apricots are some of my favorites to add to trail mix. The combination of raisins and peanuts is also supposed to be great for a quick energy boost.

Back
Top Bottom