Your favorite sandwich meat?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
8:33 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
Some people are partial to a particular type of sandwich meat - for me it's turkey, for my husband it's probably roast beef or ham.

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that don't even like meat on their sandwiches - I know that one of the best sandwiches I've ever had was one with grilled eggplant, roasted red peppers, pesto and mozzarella - and it was so good that you wouldn't even miss the meat!

Do you have a favorite?

My favourite sandwich meat would be a toss up between luncheon meat, chicken, and tuna. I would eat most types of sandwiches, but these are my top 3. I think ham would come in as my next choice, and for me, ham and cheese sandwiches are also great.

Chicken, ham and tuna are the things that come to mind when I think of something that makes for a great sandwich. Turkey to a lesser extent.

Some people are partial to a particular type of sandwich meat - for me it's turkey, for my husband it's probably roast beef or ham.

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that don't even like meat on their sandwiches - I know that one of the best sandwiches I've ever had was one with grilled eggplant, roasted red peppers, pesto and mozzarella - and it was so good that you wouldn't even miss the meat!

Do you have a favorite?

That sounds really yummy, and I could do without the pesto.

My usual go to sandwich meat is ham (with swiss or cheddar cheese), but I will sometimes have turkey, and sometimes I get a fierce craving for pickle and pimiento loaf. I just got that craving the other day, and bought a package of it that I found on sale. I don't buy nearly as much lunch meat as I used to, so I mainly buy it pre-packaged, but I love having the person at the deli slice it up for me, it brings back happy memories.

Reactions: L_B
My favorite is turkey or chicken. My favorite sandwich is turkey with mayo, lettuce, tomato and Swiss cheese. I like the bread toasted if I am eating it at home.

Do you have a favorite?
I do really like roast beef for sandwich meat, but I don';t have it very often as it tends to cost a bit more. I try not to eat too much sandwich meat as it is not good for you. I think there are other types of meats like actual sliced meats from a real roast that would be healthier. They also are less processed and have less sodium.

We had a roast chicken meal this evening and we have some chicken left so it was mixed with chopped bacon and mayo :okay:

Emental cheese, sliced chorizo, sliced gherkin and sweet chilli sauce.

A mix of cheese and good ham make my sandwich but as with all sandwiches the BIG BIG thing is the bread. With really good fresh bread almost any filling seems to work.

We seldom make sandwich now when my work schedule was changed. I leave home by 5 am so there's no more time to do a sandwich. But our favorite meat is ham, the sweet ham that is best for the wheat bread. It is topped with lettuce or cucumber with a thin slice of cheese in the middle and then the ham at the bottom. I'm not done yet. Fried egg, the scrambled egg is the best topping. That sandwich can serve as my lunch, a heavy one that I would still be full come the snack hours in the afternoon.

I'm a big turkey and tuna fan to be quite honest. When I was young I use to love ham but since I've gotten tired of the saltiness it can have. Tuna is great and I often times pick it over anything else for a sandwich.

My favorite sandwich meat would be ham and bacon and corned beef sometimes. And for my sandwich which is non meat it would be fried egg, cheese and peanut butter. I seldom eat sandwiches but when I am in the mood of eating these are my favorites in my sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom