Your favorite sandwich meat?

We always take sandwiches to work for lunch Mon-Thur so we try to mix it up a bit so we don't get bored.

I've always wanted to buy a meat slicer so I could slice my own lunch meat and buy it in bulk. In particular, I would love to make my own roast beef lunch meat, since it costs so much at the deli for just a pound or two of it. I could easily buy a whole roast for that much and make a lot more. Also, some beef lunch meat brands are way too garlic-y for my tastes, so it would be nice to control that as well.

Otherwise, one of my favorite meats is a Canadian Maple Ham that our local grocery store sells. Recently I found out they actually roast the ham before shaving it and putting it in the deli case, which I never heard of a deli doing before. I thought those meats all came in pre-cooked and shrink wrapped. I believe this stuff is pre cooked as well, but for some reason they roast it one more time, then shave it super thin. It's not overly-sweet like some maple hams can be, and it's made from whole ham, not some ground up processed junk.

I'm always a sucker for a good steak sandwich. A slab of beef between two slices of bread is a classic. I also take them shredded like an Italian sub, greek or even shwarma. You have to cook the beef for a long time though to get it soft for chewing and a good creamy sauce or oil based goodness will add to the tastiness.

Sliced turkey with crispy bacon alongside provolone and some spinach with a slice of tomato on a decent piece of panini bread pressed until crispy and all melty! I love my turkey! I do have a liking to veggie sandwiches with hummus. Pesto goes really well with various veggies grilled to perfection and slapped onto quality bread is pretty awesome.

Gloucester Old Spot streaky bacon, unsmoked. Along with romaine lettuce, sliced beefsteak tomato, mayo and seasoning. In between slices of home baked crusty white loaf.

I don't make a lot of sandwiches because I don't want to get bored of them. My favorite sandwich meat is probably turkey. I love a good turkey sandwich with a little bit of mayo, salt and pepper. Some times I'll add some lettuce, at other times I'll add tomato but it's mostly just the meat. When I was in school way back when I'd eat a roast beef sandwich almost every single day. I topped it off with a bit of mustard and off I went. Nowadays I can't even look at roast beef, I ate way too many of them.

I don't do sandwiches often but when I think of a sandwich it is a tuna on a heavy grain bread with lettuce and tomatoes.

I don't do sandwiches often but when I think of a sandwich it is a tuna on a heavy grain bread with lettuce and tomatoes.

You can't beat a good tuna sandwich. It's a great meal. I often find myself changing it up at times by making the tuna into a burger. I'm told we shouldn't eat too much canned fish though for fear of mercury so I try not to eat this more than 4 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom