Recipe Your Favourite Breakfast Smoothie Recipes

StrawberrySwing

Über Member
Local time
11:32 PM
Hi everyone

I've just treated myself to a Nutribullet and was wondering if anyone had any recipes that would be ideal for breakfast (although preferably not too sweet)

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick Google for breakfast smoothies provides 106,000,000 results! Smoothies have become so popular and you can find recipes for almost any ingredient you can possibly think of (including chicken - see Recipe Frozen Chicken Smoothies!!). I suggest you simply whizz up ingredients that you like (fruits, oats etc.) with some plain yoghurt or milk. You can't really go wrong!

Personally I hate smoothies (baby food!). I'd rather eat the food before its pureed. So I suppose I like roughies rather than smoothies! But that's just me. I know others love them...:happy:

I whizz up spinach, curly kale, ginger, cucumber, celery, apples or pears, sometimes a pepper, occasionally pineapple. Not my favourite breakfast but very healthy. I drink it fast like a medicine, on the basis that it will balance out the lightly less healthy things I eat for supper!

Ahh thanks everyone! There are so many results on Google it can be difficult to know where to start sometimes!

Epicuric I think I'll give that one a try! I have a habit of eating less healthy as the day goes on so I imagine having something full of veggies for breakfast will help balance that out :)

I whizz up spinach, curly kale, ginger, cucumber, celery, apples or pears, sometimes a pepper, occasionally pineapple. Not my favourite breakfast but very healthy. I drink it fast like a medicine, on the basis that it will balance out the lightly less healthy things I eat for supper!
That really sounds quite horrible @epicuric. It is said that by turning the fibre in the fruit and veg to mush, then its benefits to the gut are lost.

That really sounds quite horrible @epicuric. It is said that by turning the fibre in the fruit and veg to mush, then its benefits to the gut are lost.

It is truly horrid, but it's a huge hit of alkaline nutrients in one glass, and negligible calories. Agreed the fibre is lost but I get that back at lunchtime with a salad.

It is truly horrid, but it's a huge hit of alkaline nutrients in one glass, and negligible calories. Agreed the fibre is lost but I get that back at lunchtime with a salad.
:laugh:. I'll stick to my usual breakfast, I think.... that would be nothing unless its oysters (6 of which which I had for breakfast last Friday, followed by a dozen for an early lunch on Saturday). Oysters have negligible calories and are packed with nutrients :dance::

"The impressive health benefits of oysters come from its vast stockpiles of minerals, vitamins, and organic compounds. In fact, certain mineral varieties are in their highest content in oysters, meaning that they are the premiere food item in the entire world for supplementation, particularly of zinc. The other components include very high levels of protein, vitamin D, vitamin B12, iron, copper, manganese, and selenium. Oysters also contain high levels of niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Finally, oysters are a huge source of beneficial cholesterol, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and water. These elements of oysters make them an extremely healthy food that can seriously boost your body’s overall function"
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/oysters.html

:laugh:. I'll stick to my usual breakfast, I think.... that would be nothing unless its oysters (6 of which which I had for breakfast last Friday, followed by a dozen for an early lunch on Saturday). Oysters have negligible calories and are packed with nutrients :dance::

"The impressive health benefits of oysters come from its vast stockpiles of minerals, vitamins, and organic compounds. In fact, certain mineral varieties are in their highest content in oysters, meaning that they are the premiere food item in the entire world for supplementation, particularly of zinc. The other components include very high levels of protein, vitamin D, vitamin B12, iron, copper, manganese, and selenium. Oysters also contain high levels of niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Finally, oysters are a huge source of beneficial cholesterol, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and water. These elements of oysters make them an extremely healthy food that can seriously boost your body’s overall function"
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/oysters.html
So long as the Norovirus doesn't bother you!!
Or Vibrio vulnificus
The worst prognosis is in those patients arriving at hospital in a state of shock. Total mortality in treated patients (ingestion and wound) is around 33%

So long as the Norovirus doesn't bother you!!
Or Vibrio vulnificus
The worst prognosis is in those patients arriving at hospital in a state of shock. Total mortality in treated patients (ingestion and wound) is around 33%
I'll risk it. There are no recent reported deaths in the UK from either of the above in relation to oysters that I can find. I love oysters too much to give up.

One site I looked at had stats for food poisoning from BBQ'd foods which were way, way higher than any stats for oysters. I smoked 40 a day for 30 plus years. I drink a lot, LOT more alcohol than the government guidelines... so a few oysters are the least of my worries! :D

Back
Top Bottom