Your favourite hamburger fillings

Local time
5:42 AM
What are some of your favourite hamburger fillings?
I absolutely love having big slices of both onion and tomato! They make the hamburger taste so fresh!
Quite surprisingly I'm not a big fan of using a lot of cheese, I love cheese in general but I don't really think it should be a big part of a hamburger. I usually do end up putting a single slice in.

When I ate hamburgers regularly, I liked lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and mustard. I also used to add some sliced jalapenos for some heat. I'm also not a big fan of cheese on hamburgers.

Jalapenos are an interesting idea... I've never tried them on my hamburger. I usually get the heat I want from using chili pepper (poweder) to add flavour to the steak, I might also add a bit of harissa or any other hot sauce. But I'll definitely keep jalapenos in mind, they might make it taste more fresh than these hot sauces do.

I try not to load my burgers up with too many toppings - because it makes them a pain in the butt to eat, they keep tipping over and falling apart, and stuff falls out of them all over me. I try to narrow it down to 2-3 toppings max. Plus I like to actually taste the meat itself. One of my favorite things to do lately is to press a slide of onion right into the side of the burger patty and cook it. The onion caramelizes and infuses the burger with flavor as it cooks. It's a nice texture too because you get the soft caramelized onion on one side and the raw crunchy onion flavor on the inside.

Most often I just do onions and mustard or onions, mustard and sharp cheddar.

Another interesting thing to try isn't really a topping, but to add fish sauce, fresh garlic, black pepper and some sugar to your meat before forming a patty. The fish sauce adds a lot of flavor to the meat, and functions as the "salt" (it's very salty if you've never tried it before). It basically works like MSG to enhance all the other flavors.

I like salad in my burger! I love it with lettuce, tomatoes, maybe some onions. It also needs tp have cheese!! Some bacon too if i'm feeling fat! What I can't stand, however, is pickles!! I hate them!
A good barbecue sauce is also always welcome in my burger!

I honestly don't like hamburgers all that much, but whenever I have it, I almost always prefer it to be Texas style wherein you'd have bacon and barbecue sauce on it. I also like other toppings like lettuce and tomato, but I tend to get tired of those very easily whereas I love barbecue sauce and bacon so much that I almost never get tired of them and they even make me want dishes like this more exciting for me.

I honestly don't like hamburgers all that much, but whenever I have it, I almost always prefer it to be Texas style wherein you'd have bacon and barbecue sauce on it. I also like other toppings like lettuce and tomato, but I tend to get tired of those very easily whereas I love barbecue sauce and bacon so much that I almost never get tired of them and they even make me want dishes like this more exciting for me.

I actually had a great bacon bbq hamburger a couple of days ago in a restaurant. It was absolutely divine, though I don't think it's something I'd like to have that often. I prefer my hamburgers to taste a bit more fresh. (more vegetables, a lighter sauce etc)

Onions, tomatoes and cheese with a few slices of ham. Nothing beats that taste combination with mayo, ketchup and mustard over them.

Honestly, nothing beats plain raw onions, tomatoes, and cheese. That being said, what separates a good hamburger like in-n-out from a crappy burger like mcdonald's is the quality of the onions and tomatoes. Trust me, the freshness of the onions and tomatoes make SUCH a difference. This is a really simple adjustment you can make that will yield big returns.

I like to have cheese, lettuce, pickles, bacon , ketchup with mayo and I like these fillings when I ate hamburgers.

Honestly, nothing beats plain raw onions, tomatoes, and cheese. That being said, what separates a good hamburger like in-n-out from a crappy burger like mcdonald's is the quality of the onions and tomatoes. Trust me, the freshness of the onions and tomatoes make SUCH a difference. This is a really simple adjustment you can make that will yield big returns.

I totally agree with you. This is why I prefer making my own ones. I am able to have thick slices of both onions and tomatoes and I know that they are both very fresh. I'm also pretty sure that any meat has more flavour than the one they use in fast food restaurants.

I agree, good quality tomatoes and onions make most of the difference. A good cheese is also required. But these 3 basic ingredients make a good burger. McDonald`s is all mostly synthetic anyway. Even the meat comes from a meat paste that is formed like a patty.

I don't have burgers very often but when I do I go all out. Spinach, raw red onions, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, and baby sweet gherkins for starters. Fresh tomato is always important to the mix. I will add ketchup too but not all the time.

Back
Top Bottom