Your Favourite starch - and are you eating enough starch?

That's interesting - most Thai dishes I know of use white rice. Why brown for Thai but not Indian?

I never see brown rice here for Indian cooking, but I do see it (about half the time) for Thai. I do know (academically) that India does sometimes use brown rice, but I really love the white basmati rices in combination with the Indian dishes I've had or cooked on my own.

I think both brown and white rices provide health benefits - just different ones.

@Yorky - do you see brown rice used in Thai dishes in Thailand?

We don't eat out much but on the times that we have, I can say that I've never seen brown/black rice served in a local restaurant. Don't forget that I'm out in the sticks, not in the metropolis. My snooker mate eats out a lot in Bangkok, I'll ask him tomorrow.

If I remember, of course.

We don't eat out much but on the times that we have, I can say that I've never seen brown/black rice served in a local restaurant. Don't forget that I'm out in the sticks, not in the metropolis. My snooker mate eats out a lot in Bangkok, I'll ask him tomorrow.

If I remember, of course.

I've stayed in Bangkok a couple of times, I've never seen brown rice served. In hotel or eating out.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom