Your Holiday Vegetable Side Dishes

dazzlingblue

Veteran
Local time
3:52 PM
There are the typical vegetable side dishes that people all seem obligated to serve for the holidays, but do you have any special dishes that you like to serve to your guests and family?

These are probably not original but broccoli covered with cheese or accompanied with cheese sauce and mushroom (no beef stock) gravy which chunks of whole mushroom and beetroot and feta salad. My favorite vegetable based side dish would still have to be mashed potatoes though ha ha.

I usually make corn casserole. It is basically cream of corn, corn and cornbread all baked together. It is definitely a family favorite! My mother makes a delicious cauliflower salad. It is cauliflower, lettuce, cheese, onion, and bacon in a mayonnaise based dressing. It is fantastic! My sister traditionally makes green bean casserole with French's crispy onions on top. :)

I had a simple side dish anytime and during the holiday and it is just buttered whole kernel corn, green peas and carrots for my chicken, pork and beef recipes that needs side dishes.

Back
Top Bottom