Your Photos

Thank bt and classic33. Being a Bostonian I knew about Dawes and Prescott and their rides that night. And that Dawes and Revere both were stopped by the British. But my history books only mentioned that five folks made the ride and the fate of Revere and Dawes both being captured and then released. They never mentioned the names of the others. Prescott was shot during Bunker Hill battle.
Revere was also a silversmith.

The last time I remember going into a smoking area was in Manchester airport about 10 years ago. The overpowering effect of about twenty smokers crammed into a tiny room with precious little ventilation would now have me heaving, but it seemed quite normal then. It is often said than ex-smokers are the most ardent anti-smokers, and I have to agree with that. These days I can't abide smoke anywhere near me. Oddly enough, cigar smoke is an exception - still gives me a craving years on.

I was a smoker for nigh on 50 years but surprisingly, normal pub smoking doesn't bother me (it is illegal here but few bars take notice). I cannot imagine being able to handle the airport smoking rooms though (if there are any left?).

The last time I remember going into a smoking area was in Manchester airport about 10 years ago. The overpowering effect of about twenty smokers crammed into a tiny room with precious little ventilation would now have me heaving, but it seemed quite normal then. It is often said than ex-smokers are the most ardent anti-smokers, and I have to agree with that. These days I can't abide smoke anywhere near me. Oddly enough, cigar smoke is an exception - still gives me a craving years on.

I agree with you. But I never felt like a smoker..now I give one or two cigarettes a week, never more (and never less). I do not tolerate the smell of cigar, I'm sick of it.

Sometimes one of my photos will catch my eye on my website. Tonight it was this one. I just love the trees and the light. I don't edit my pictures beyond a minor tweak on exposure. So this is as I saw it. For me it is about the light. you just have to love Scotland.

IMG_9673b_800.jpg

I was a smoker for nigh on 50 years but surprisingly, normal pub smoking doesn't bother me (it is illegal here but few bars take notice). I cannot imagine being able to handle the airport smoking rooms though (if there are any left?).
None left since the U.K. banned smoking in indoor public places in July 2007. It wa May that same year I last used one.

Back
Top Bottom