Recipe 5 Great Things to do with Eggnog & How to make Eggnog

Francesca

Local time
8:06 PM
Having had uncountable Tourists from across the 7 Seas visit Barcelona and Spain, many of these clients have sent me their recipes, of things relatively unknown on the Iberian Peninsula ..

Here are 5 ideas on what to do with Eggnog and how to prepare it ..

1) Spike it with Cognac or Spanish Brandy and prepare Brandy Alexanders .. ( Quite a nice cocktail ) ..
2) Add a tiny bit of grated orange zest and pour it over Mûselli ..
3) Use as a sauce over Apple Pie or Baked Apples ..
4) Add a few dashes of Grand Marnier and drizzle over chocolate or chocolate brownies .. or chocolate cake ..
5) Use eggnog instead of egg and milk to prepare French Toast ! ( This is very lovely ) ..

How to make Eggnog: ( Recipe in American Measurements as the Client is American )

1 dozen eggs ( large )
1 Pint Spanish Brandy (Amontillado) from Jerez de la Frontera
1 / 4 Pint Cuban or Domenican Rum
1 quart whole milk ( do not use skimmed or fat free )
1 quart of cream or similar
12 tablesps. sugar ( I use Ecological Bio Sugar in the Raw Golden )
1 / 2 Pint of Whiskey
1 / 2 Pint of Cognac

1) Combine the liquors first and set aside ..
2) Now separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the whites stiff and set aside ..
3) Next, beat the egg yolks, and add sugar to the bowl of yolks.
4) Combine well.
5) Add the liquors drop by drop while slowly beating the mixture.
6) Add the milk and cream & continue beating slowly and fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
7) Let set in a cool place for 48 hours covered ..

Last edited:
Bailey´s Irish Cream ..

It is nice on the rocks but not something I have too often. I prefer Cava or Prosecco or Champagne .. I am also a grand enthusiast of oak aged, full bodied and noble nosed red wines ..

In cocktails, I prefer Blue Gin ( Maverick - ecologically produced in Alicante on the southeast coast ) with Blue Tonic, Feverfew produced by The Adrias ..

St. Brendan's Irish Cream Liqueur..jpg
Bailey's is too expensive, so I buy St. Brendon's, with is cheaper and tastes just like Bailey's.

Last edited:
My mother always made a very thin custard, then let everybody add the amount of cinnamon and/or nutmeg, as well as type and amount of booze they wanted. Everybody was happy that way. Us kids always drank it plain as she made it (and frankly that's they way I prefer it even today). Don't get me wrong, I drink booze, I just like my kiddie eggnog. :happy:

I'm another one who dislikes Baileys...but then I dislike sweet and creamy alcoholic drinks. So although I don't think I've ever tried eggnog, whilst the flavours sound rather nice I'm not sure if its one for me.

A question on the recipe though....
1 Pint Spanish Brandy (Amontillado) from Jerez de la Frontera
I know Amontillado Sherry, but I've never heard of Amontillado Brandy. The nearest thing I could find was Brandy de Jerez? Do you have a link to an example of the Amontillado Brandy you use for this?

Back
Top Bottom