5 The Best Persian Pickles (Torshi) That You’ve Got to Try 2024

meals cook

Local time
3:20 PM
Website
mealscook.com
Today I want to talk to you about 5 of the best Persian pickles. Before that, I should say that Iran has good food and very kind and personable people, apart from bad politics. Along with their food, Iranians use pickles made from fresh fruits and vegetables.
In addition to making the food tasty, these pickles also help the digestion process.
Follow along with me as I introduce these 5 very delicious pickles to you.
All these desserts are suitable for vegans.

1. Torshi Lite:

torshi-liteh.jpg

Torshi liteh is a pickled vegetable mix that is a beautiful combination of various vegetables such as chopped eggplant, carrots, and cucumbers, often seasoned with herbs such as tarragon and mint.
Taste characteristics: It is excellent and famous because of the presence of eggplant and its shredding, which I like very much. It can be easily eaten.
Common uses: It is usually used in the north of Iran along with local and grilled foods. Foods such as sour chicken and sour kebab.

2. Pickled garlic (pickled garlic):

sir-torshi.jpg

Forget the bad smell of garlic. The only place where garlic does not cause bad breath is pickled garlic. Due to the presence of vinegar, garlic does not smell bad in the mouth. Garlic softened in vinegar and has a great and unique taste.
Taste characteristics: the sharp taste of vinegar softens with garlic and increases appetite with food.
Common uses: Because garlic has a warm taste, it is used with meat dishes such as beans and rice with meat.

3. Tarshi Haft Bijar:

torshi-hafteh-bijar.jpg

Torshi 7 bijar is a combination of 7 fruits and 7 vegetables along with 7 different spices. The time to make this pickle is 24 hours.
Taste profile: Balanced with pickles and cauliflower and different spices, it's amazing.
Common uses: with all foods, preferably with foods that are fried, such as cutlets and vegetable coco.

4. Eggplant pickles (eggplant pickles):

Description: This pickle consists of eggplant as the main ingredient, which is often combined with vegetables, garlic, and various spices.
Flavor Profile: Eggplant Pickle has an aromatic and spicy flavor with a hint of bitterness from eggplants, making it a tasty addition to any meal.
Common uses: It pairs exceptionally well with grilled meats and is a staple in many Iranian families.

5. Torshi gole kalam (pickled cauliflower):

torshi-gole-kalam.jpg

Description: Made from cauliflower florets, this pickle is often flavored with turmeric, vinegar, and other spices to give it a bright yellow color.
Taste characteristics: due to the presence of cauliflower, it has an almost crispy and soft texture, and the sour taste is paired with salt.
Common uses: It is used with most foods, even sandwiches such as falafel.
You really can't understand their great taste until you eat these pickles once. All these products are available on online sales sites like Amazon. Try it once and never eat your food again without appetite.

Conclusion:

Iranian eating culture is such that they always use fresh ingredients and vegetables. It is the same even in Turkey and I see that every day they use vegetables with their meals. But so that you don't have to prepare, wash, and prepare fresh vegetables every day, it is better to use pickles. The same vegetables remain crisp, fresh, and delicious in vinegar.
I hope you are satisfied with this recipe and you also introduce me under this post if you have used pickles.
You can see how to prepare each of these Persian pickles with detailed descriptions and videos from here:
Persian pickles torshi-hafteh-bijar.jpg

Last edited:
I love all those pickles. Last week, I raided the local Lebanese store and bought three types of olives, hot pickled peppers and some pickled turnips.. I'm just enjoying them with some falafel and fried kibbe.

I am the same, but the difference is that you can easily make and enjoy Iranian pickles at home
You just need some vegetables and vinegar and an empty jar
Pickles with falafel give a magical taste
Only you and I who ate pickles understand this

Back
Top Bottom